Cancer Awareness Walk

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
I just recieved a phone call from someone that saw us at a local Mardi Gras parade and was wondering if we would be interrested in leading a cancer awareness walk/parade in Sept. She was hoping to be able to "talk me into bringing the darling little black horse with the carriage" Well of course I said I'd be glad to and Im excited about it. But now Im thinking that if this is a walk...I will feel funny being the only one riding in the carriage...so Im thinking I would like to suggest that I will lead the carriage and let maybe some smaller children ( maybe whose parents are walking ) to take turns riding in the carriage. Or maybe she will have some young children that have cancer that would like to ride...maybe they are not up to walking. Any way my ?? would be

1. Should I take the reins off the bridle and just put the halter over the bridle w/lead line or should I tie the reins back to the carriage and still lead w/the reins ( holding down near the bit ). Im not sure if Im wording this right but maybe someone can understand me LOL. I just dont want to be tugging poor skillets mouth all the time while I lead but I also want to be safe for everyone.

2. Helmets for the children in the carriage...I cant afford to spend alot of $$ but Im thinking the most kids depending on their size would be 5 in the carriage...are the kids bicyle helmets o.k. I cant imagine them being too expensive...I just dont want to show up like some schmuck with nothing and Id rather be safe than sorry.

3. Last ?.....This is for all cancer awareness...Im also going to have a friend lead my 2 other small horses and will sort of dress them up. Im thinking just 2 matching sheets with tons of little pink ribbons safety pinned or glued on...but....are the pink ribbons only for breast cancer or do they symbolize all cancer.

Thanks for any help and ideas on anything would be great !! P.S. I cant sew but Im awesome with a glue gun. Thank you, Heidi

Im not sure if Im posting in the correct spot..If you need to move no feeling will be hurt!!

oh thats wonderful! thats a great idea letting the lil ones ride in the cart! ya helmets would be a good idea, and ya i would put the halter on and a lead rope! jsut to be safe, and have someone maybe walk along side the cart jsut incase somthing does happen!?

I wish I had the answer to your questions - I don't.

I just want to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. I have always tried to help finiancially with St. Judes - or put a little money in jars sitting around. Since, Skyler has entered my life - I did not realize how much I took people like you for granted. Someone that gets out there and does something. I am so PROUD of you and everyone in that parade. I wish I lived closer and I would love to help you out.

I would use the halter, lead rope over the bridle and tie up the reins. But you stil have them if needs be.

As far as ribbons go:

Pink - Breast Cancer (my friend)

Grey - Brain Cancer (myself)

Teal - Ovarian Cancer (my mother-in-law)

White - Lung Cancer (my co-worker)

Navy - Colon Cancer (my co-worker)

Yellow - Bladder Cancer (my step-dad)

Lavender is supposed to represent all cancers
default_thumbup.gif

Check out this site for a colors and combinations with representations

http://www.personalizedcause.com/

Thank you for attending. There aren't many activities like that down south.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
just wanted to add my thanks for what you are doing. it sounds like it will be so satisfying for you! oh and and green ribbon for kidney cancer.

Thank you guys very much for all the ribbon info..I had no idea. It should really be a nice time and its for a great cause. TN Belle,Lisa,Charlene this walks for you and your friends and family.

Thank you guys very much for all the ribbon info..I had no idea. It should really be a nice time and its for a great cause. TN Belle,Lisa,Charlene this walks for you and your friends and family.
thank you, again, SO much! i hope you can get some pictures! please do post when you have a definite date in september.
default_smile.png

Back