Canada Just Won a Silver Medal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Wow! 40 years since Canada has a won a team medal in jumping and...WE WON THE SILVER!!!!!! Congrats to the U.S. winning gold! WOOHOOO!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Wasn't that awesome to watch!!! My sister is over there at the moment and she said the atmosphere is just incredible...That jump off was soooo cool!!!

I FINALLY caught SOME of the medal presentation!!! Boy CBC sure ticked me off....don't even show the whole medal presentation...grrrrrr.....

I cannot believe we got silver!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

And no Germany, Netherlands, etc in the medals????
default_new_shocked.gif
:DOH!

US Gold

Canada Silver

NORWAY Bronze

That was even more of a shocker!!

I'm SOOOOOOO very happy that Ian finally got a medal! They seemed very pleased with getting silver, and I thought that was great! Jill said something about should have been a gold, but they were truly thrilled with their silver!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

~kathryn

I'm watching all the equestrian events online on cbc.ca/olympics. They stream most events live! It's awesome. I believe induvidual jumping is on Thursday.

Oops, just saw that this topic was already started and I missed it.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I was so happy that they won this, expecially for Ian but also for Jill as she lives in Oxford Mills where we live. I remember as a kid meeting Ian for the first time when back then he was just starting out and he was in Ottawa at the Ottawa Ex when horses and riders were housed in the buidling opposite the Grandstand at Landsdowne... My sister's friend, Marlene, was his groom back then... lord, that was about 44 years ago... now I feel OLD!!! and that is where I met him for the first time. We were horse struck girls back then and the passion never left us... little did we know that this tall and gangly young man would achieve what he has.

I am glad that CBC showed the equestrian as it never gets enough press. I am anxious for the "individual" event to happen. I know Eric will do well but I am so rooting for Ian
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

For those who have satellite, Direct TV, I think is what I have, the Oxygen channel has been showing quite a bit of the equestrian events. Here is what's left:

Aug. 19: Dressage Individual Gold Medal Final - 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on OXYGEN

Aug. 21: Show Jumping Individual Gold Medal Final- 10:00am- 1:00 pm

I'm not sure though what station is showing the individual jumping. The USA channel is also showing quite a bit

Oops, just saw that this topic was already started and I missed it.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I was so happy that they won this, expecially for Ian but also for Jill as she lives in Oxford Mills where we live. I remember as a kid meeting Ian for the first time when back then he was just starting out and he was in Ottawa at the Ottawa Ex when horses and riders were housed in the buidling opposite the Grandstand at Landsdowne... My sister's friend, Marlene, was his groom back then... lord, that was about 44 years ago... now I feel OLD!!! and that is where I met him for the first time. We were horse struck girls back then and the passion never left us... little did we know that this tall and gangly young man would achieve what he has.

I am glad that CBC showed the equestrian as it never gets enough press. I am anxious for the "individual" event to happen. I know Eric will do well but I am so rooting for Ian
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Cool. I was coached for years by Lisa Carlsen, who was a member of the '88 Seoul Olympics team. It was so cool to see her ride there (I think she did the best out of the whole team that year). I used to be friends with Eric back in the day (when he was riding Cagney etc.).

Equestrian coverage has been shown on CBC BOLD Channel on Bell Expressvu for viewers in Canada...Individual Show Jumping will be on Thurs at 7:00 AM EST

Cool. I was coached for years by Lisa Carlsen, who was a member of the '88 Seoul Olympics team. It was so cool to see her ride there (I think she did the best out of the whole team that year). I used to be friends with Eric back in the day (when he was riding Cagney etc.).
Really?? You were friends with Eric??

I remember seeing him when there was a Show Jumping event at Labatt Park in London. That was the first time I remember him...I'd probably seen him on tv, but didn't really know him. I remember he was riding Rio then....I think he had another, possibly Cagney, but I don't remember. He is a very talented rider.....I have some issue with the drug problem and being reinstated twice, but I truly hope he's kicked it

What's Lisa Carlsen up to now? I don't get to any jumping shows these days and haven't seen much about her lately.....

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back