Can you tell me what this might be...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmycritters

Reaction score
Smokey is in her late teens, and about two monthes ago I noticed this - it has not gotten better, now I see she has a tiny version of this on the other side of her body - behind her ear. Is this lice?? I really would like forum help to save a vet bill here. I have other animals, I dont have a problem with spending money on them - but if I can for-go a vet call I would be greatfull. Thanks in advance for all input, Lori

Smokeyspotonrump.jpg

Is it a lump??? If so, you should have a vet check it.

MA

Yes Ma, it is a lump, I neglected to mentioned though that though this erea has not gotten any better - it has not gotten any worse eather... oh dear...

Lori

It looks like she may have had rain rot, or lice and rubbed the hair off there. It is growing in dark as most do in situations like this. If it is a lump under the skin (and not lump of hair) I would certainly have the vet look it.

Good luck,

Beth

I got lump from it also MA, maybe have the vet check it sometime. Got shots coming up this spring?

I don't know about the bump but it looks to me like I am seeing lice back there in the tail and around the bump.

[SIZE=10pt]Well upon closer examination of the patch of hair that looks like a lump - I do not believe it to be a lump after all, I can feel nothing there, just the patch of hair...Well I am thinking this vary well may be lice - YUCK. I just finished dusting her with lice powder and did the others as well for safe measure. Thanks for the input every one, Lori[/SIZE]

Willie has some of those, not sure exactly what they are. I am guessing some sort of fungus? They aren't lumps, just black hair. It looks also that she is about the same color as him. MAybe just something that is prone to that color? I don't know..

Latest posts

Back