Can you guess how much hair gel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Go from this:

bushybushyhairdo.jpg
new_shocked.gif

To this:

SecretAugust2005_sm.jpg

I trimmed her bridle path, & wet down her mane (& her neck...makes it look like she's got dark mane plastered down, but that is just wet) then put on some gel, then some more gel.....and took the photo quick before that hair all popped back up!

Her mane isn't really exceptionally thick, but it's sure got "body"
laugh.gif

WOWOWOWOWOW - 2 bottles of the stuff?
new_shocked.gif

and what a Great "after" picture!! Beautiful mini you have there.
wub.gif

JJay

l like the second picture a lot better l'm always waiting for the weaners to outgrow those sticking up manes and forelocks though we have a few pictures of them with the tall spikes done with Dippy Doo that are kind of neat and punk looking.
laugh.gif
Funny how some of them really bush straight up and others don't as much.

Well, I kind of wasted half a bottle of gel on my first attempt--I just used the gel, and dig get the mane to fold over, but then it sort of stuck straight out to the side. Looked not bad from the left, but pretty funky from the front & right side, so then I soaked it down with water & kind of pasted it in place with the rest of the gel!

Our Ice Man puts nice fine manes on his babies--they pretty much lay right over from the very first day. When it comes to showing, these foals will have mane that is "just right"--thick enough to look good, but not so thick & coarse that it sticks up & out & needs to be thinned before it looks good. This filly isn't one of Ice Man's...

Wow! What a difference!!! And here's the big question - how long did it stay in place, and how long was it before she rolled in the dirt?
laugh.gif

aktion033.gif
I love the pictures! I wouldn't have a clue as to what it took to get it flat but what GREAT before and after pictures! Cute Cute!
aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for letting me know how much to use because we have one that looks like your girl before the gel only worse.
sad.gif

Latest posts

Back