Can this mare do some fun shows?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kales

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wondering if my mare would be able to do some fun shows in halter. I'm not the best when it comes to halter and I know she's not top of the line show horse and I'm not "barn blind" so no my feelings won't be hurt. I look at it as a learning experience. She is still sheading out and yes shes on a diet after lots of yummy hay over our cold winters
default_smile.png

Thanks
default_smile.png

She is turning 7 this spring and is 31" tall.

019.jpg

023.jpg
025.jpg
031.jpg

Heck why not...she's got a darling face and my favorite.... big ole kind eyes!! Get out the curry comb, give her a spa treatment and show her. Have fun!!

Showing in any capacity is good experience for both of you and good bonding time.

Go for it! She's cute.

Andrea

Sure why not? that's the whole point of fun shows, to go out and have fun!!! I don't have any great burning desire to show my mini. If I would, it would be driving not halter but I do plan to take him to some fun shows for the experience :D Just something to do to get him out there and experience the world. She's a cutie! love her color. I'd love to find a mare colored just like her.

Go for it girl! She's a cutie!!! All minis have flaws, doesn't mean you can't go out and have fun! Good luck!!
default_thumbup.gif

I agree, go for it!! And have fun!

Actually she has a very nice head and if you can get her to stretch her neck as in the first photo, you should have a good chance at any show. Of course, you'll need to "shine" her up (clip and groom etc.) Good luck, and have fun!

Why limit yourselves to halter?? There are plenty of other classes and lots of shows out there - it is up to you to figure out what you and she will like and can do well in. And if there are Pinto Association shows in your area, I HIGHLY recommend them for the fun and the wonderful awards!

For me, I hate halter (well, I don't like it anyway) but I LOVE trail (halter obstacle), showmanship, driving - ALL kinds -, hunter and jumper. That keeps be plenty busy.

Thanks for all the tips and support guys!!!
default_smile.png
I always find help and encouraging words on this forum!

Back