Can someone look up this mare for me?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crponies

Reaction score
I found this mare for sale not too far from me and was just wondering what she has in her background. Could someone look it up in the stud book? Anyone familiar with her prefix? Thanks.

Here is the link to the ad:

pony mare

Jayne hello,

No I was not familar with that pre-fix but here is the scoup on the mare!
biggrin.gif

B & T's Almost ASPC #140335A

1992 bay mare, flame, white spot on left side, left front sock, right front & left rear stockings, right rear high fetlock.

bred by Frank or Linda Brown

owned by Kim or Aidrie Voile

she has had 2 foals

1995 pinto gelding by Burgie's Painted Tramp

1996 bay mare by Burgie's Painted Tramp

Sire: Bar-G's Sunlite-brown bred by Gerald Barga

The Drifter-bay(Valley Springs Cody Larry-silver dapple-grandson on Colonel Cody x Ewing's Haidee-black-King Largio bred on top)

Don-Wan's Tiny Bubbles-bay-owned by Gerald Barga(General Patton's Review-black-grandson of The Greyhound x Larigo's Pretty Pert-black-Will Williams and Edgewood bred)

Dam: Sweet Charity-dark bay-bred by Kildow's

Mister Sam-bay(Golden W. Larigo-palomino-some Will Williams and King Larigo bred x Silver Crescent K. Larigo-sorrel-Silver Crescent and more W Williams breeding)

Snooty's Honey Bee-bay(Snooty McGee-bay-King Larigo Grandson x June's Starless Night-black-Silver Nevada, Silver Crescent and King Larigo bred)

This is older breeding although good breeding. You couldn't say enough about Colonel Cody, Silver Nevada, The Greyhound(full blood brother to Silver White), Snooty McGee, Silver Crescent and King Larigo.

I was wondering where the pinto came from. I believe they sure named her right as she was pretty short of being a pinto if she hadn't had the white spot on her side which made for Pinto papers too. But she and many other Shetland ponies have reasons to be pinto or produce pinto. She had Edgewood breeding 2 times and that is all pinto, The grandam of The Drifter(above) was a pinto(Haidee) a produced 5 pinto's out of 10 foals. She also carries 3 pinto sire lines way back of Flashlight XX, Major Berg and Gloria's Spotlight. The grandson of General Patton's Review(above) is Bachelor's Dream a pinto son of the pinto mare, Laura S. who is the dam of pinto, Streamliner's Kewpie Doll sire of the famous pinto stallion, Kewpie Doll's Oracle who produced the world famous Arenosa ponies. Then on the very bottom female line you have a pinto mare named Sebenie's Waterblossom sire by the pinto stallion Sebenie-who is the great grandsire of Queen Ann's Jet also a famous pinto stallion. The pinto gene is in most all Shetland ponies and slips in and out, here and there...unless it is homozygous of course.

If you get her send a picture...would like to see her
aktion033.gif

My best,

Jenny in northeastern Wa. state
saludando.gif

Thanks, Jenny! I appreciate your hard work with all that research.

Latest posts

Back