Can someone give me advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm soo sorry
default_no.gif
I too would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes.. Sometimes the hardest part of holding on is knowing when to let go, and I feel in my heart you knew it was time.. I'm sure most of us have been there in some shape or form, at the point where we want so badly to hold on to that hope of a miracle and we too know how much it hurts to realize it may never come and we have to say good-bye.. Please know that you and your mare are in my thoughts and prayers (((HUGS)))

So sorry! I was hoping for a miracle for little "Annie". You did do the right thing though. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mare.

Barbie

We are so sorry for you and your mare. Know in your heart you did what was best for Annie. These things are never easy and heartfelt prayers are all I have to offer you right now. Sometimes we just never know why. {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} Art and Theresa

Marnie,

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to loose one, and even harder to have to make the decision, even when it is the right one.

Aww, Marnie, I'm so sorry that you lost your precious filly, but don't question right or wrong. You obviously loved her instantly, and sometimes loving these little horses means having to let go. It hurts and I'm sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs to you and MaDonna.

Jodi

So sorry Marnie.
default_no.gif
You made the right decision for sweet little Annie.

Marnie, thinking of you.....Annie was lucky to have you and Nate. Take care.....

I'm sorry you had to make such a tough decision. ((((HUGS))))

You did what was best for little Annie.

Oh Marnie, I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you did was the right thing, even though it was a difficult decision for you to have had to make.

Oh Marnie,

It is so sad to lose such a nice filly. And so very hard to watch the poor mare mourn. Hang in there. Know I am sending good wishes your way!

Lisa

So sorry for your loss - that is a rough one.

We had one born like that a few years back and we worked to keep her going for close to 3 days - around the clock feeding, massage and stretching - we really hoped she'd come around but day 3 her dam rejected her and its like the light went out and she died shortly thereafter.

IMHO you did the humane thing, but I do feel for your poor mare - I hate seeing them mourn the loss of their baby. That is the worst part of foaling.

Best thought and prayers for all of you.

Marnie,

edited because I just saw that Annie was euthanised.

I am so sorry Marnie. I am glad MaDonna will be ok. You did the best thing for her, in the situation. Big hugs for you.

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marnie,

I am so sorry this happened. I know you did the right thing, she will be running free now in green pastures with others from our forum.

Best of luck with the rest of your foaling season.

Beth

I'm terrible sorry for your loss. That was a very unselfish decision, sometimes we want to keep them too long and cause more pain. I admire you for letting her go, I know it was very painful for you.

Annie is a very pretty name for a very pretty little filly .... Rest in Peace Little Annie.
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back