Can some of you buyers tell me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well l'm going to be honest if l just want info on a horse and the price l'm not going to commit to who or where l am but l still feel l should get the information if they have the horse for sale so l can decide if l want to continue. l have run across horses for sale and no price and little details so emailed and they want my whole history on what l plan to do with the horse where l am etc but don't give the price or any info which l emailed for to begin with. That turns me of them in a hurry. Others are very nice and send what you ask and if l'm still interested l always say where l am located so that they know. lf really interested then l would expect to talk on the phone at least once to get a good or bad feeling about the deal and the person on the other end. l can pick up a lot from a voice but an email is just an email with information and nothing more. l must be odd but l do like the human factor even if it's only a voice when it comes to buying horses. l did email with someone and when we talked on the phone they gave me an odd l don't think l trust you feeling from discussing the horse in question and at my age l've learned to go with the feeling when l get it.

Location has a HUGE bearing on sales these days, w/gas prices high and some horses I'm simply not willing to send TOO far away. If they don't tell me right away, or I know right off, then I do ask as lots of times it will change a sale from the getgo (say someone is looking at buying my $500 mare, they probably AREN'T going to pay to transport her from here to the east coast or anything).

I don't have a bit of trouble w/anyone knowing where I live.

Liz M.

Sorry Marnie, cant help you on that one. I tell everyone whatever they want to know.
default_wink.png
: I seem to find all the opposite type of buyers....they all act like they have known me for years, and want to tell me everything. All have been very friendly and not afraid to disclose any info. about there location. IMO..if someone cant answer your questions..they really cant be that serious in the first place. Good Luck with the new job
default_wink.png
: Corinne

I can't help you either
default_wink.png
: I love to "yap" as my husband calls it....it drives him NUTS. I love e-mail, the phone, text messaging, etc... I usually offer waaay too much info, I can't keep my mouth shut, nor can I keep a secret, LOL!

IMO, if someone wouldn't tell me where they were located, or couldn't answer any reasonable question that I had, NO WAY would one of my horses be going to live with them.

its not a problem for me, i know its important for the seller to feel comfortable with where their babies are going. Its one of the first questions i will ask when i am looking at a horse for shipping purposes.

I dont understand not wanting to give such simple info
default_unsure.png
:

I'm one of those that does not give my address.

I don't know 99% of the people I inquire about horses to.

I like the horses I HAVE and don't want any to go missing because I was too free with information.

I attended a seminar at Equine Affair about 3 yrs ago and this was one thing she said never to do. Once you have visited the person selling or received references and know where they live and what kind of farm they have. Its pretty safe.

BECAREFUL

[SIZE=18pt]I have no problem with telling anyone where I live or where my horses are going to live. I'm not sure why some people do it. [/SIZE]

Christy

I have encountered this as well. It is VERY FRUSTRATING, but worse than that is a email asking if you will take ???? for this animal, (out of the blue) makes several other requests of you as well, that does not have the potential purchasers name signed to it, or even a first name. I'm not talking about scams mails, as they do all seem to sign theirs.

Beth

Whitney, I think a general location would work just fine! "Central OK", "North Texas", etc.....have you ever tried to find a farm/ranch with an address? Tough sometimes.......let me tell ya in such rural areas as some of live!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I always let the sellers know where I live,....And I have talked with hundreds lately,...lol :new_shocked:
default_smile.png

Heck,...I have even invited them for coffee :aktion033: ,......I guess I am just too friendly and gullible
default_wacko.png
: ,.....

I feel like,..If I was the one selling,....I would like to know where my babies are going,.....and I like to treat others as I would like to be treated.

yup,..I always answer any question,..honestly and upfront!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Wow, dont know why anyone would have a problem telling you that. Maybe they are wanted by the FBI, hahahahahaha?? I would probably hesitate to sell to someone who could not tell me where they lived. Especially if it was going to be a payment situation then it would be a no go!!

Hi Marnie:

Guess I cut to the chase.....tell 'em about the horse. Then ask what facilities and experience they have with minis. Seems to weed out the tire kickers or dealers.

Great response, Jean!

Cindy

Latest posts

Back