Can it be real?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely feel your pain. Last time I thought one of my mares was, she wasn't, I was too made fun of.

The more reading you do, the more you will feel at ease. Get your foaling kit ready now, so that is one less stress as she nears closer to foaling.

Can you post a few updated pics when you have a chance ? I still think you have a little while yet, BUT only a mare will decide when the time is right.

Look for changes in her behavior, these can be good indications she is nearing foaling
default_smile.png

As she nears foaling her back end will start to relax. You ill notice plenty of changes coming up.

If possible could you get one from behind and also an udder shot , if she will let you ......

Colt his front hoofs were very long whn he was born, happy to see that they look much more normal this morning. I am sick in bed with a concussion but I did go out and see him

Hope you are feeling better. 

Congratulations again , its been a long time coming for you :)

When your feeling better would love to see some pics !!

I couldn't be more happy with him......... Mama is pretty protective, which is a good thing.......  Day one she was pushing her feed around in the feed box.  Kind of like she was looking for the good stuff.  I never saw her act like that before.  when she had her face all feed, she lowered her head to the foal and let him lick it off her face..... I have seen a lot of animials and babies, but never saw an animal teach it's young to eat like that before.

The foal is growing super fast.  The mare taught him to eat feed by getting it all over her face, and then getting him to lick it off.  it was adorable.  He is feeding feed and hay, and loves to run.  He is an amazing little addition to the horse "herd".

Latest posts

Back