Can I See...?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight star stables

Reaction score
All of your black and white miniature pintos... and tell me 2 things...

1)What type of pinto is he/she registered as(eg. overo, tabaino...etc)

2) What did the parents look like?(colour wise)

Thanks so much!

Black and white pinto are my favorite
wub.gif
wub.gif
so please post some pictures, because I know you guys have lots
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

Here is our black and white pinto mare, Owsley Fork Sundancer. She is registered as a Tobiano. Her sire was also a black and white pinto, however, he was more black then white-almost the opposite of this mare. I am not sure how her mother was colored, but I do know she was also a tobiano pinto.

belledrive1.jpg

bellejump.jpg
(proof property of Stan Phaneuf)

I have a couple of black pintos
biggrin.gif

The first is Black Tie Affair, who is the sire to the 2 black pintos shown down further...he's now a gelding. He's a tobiano....homozygous for black.

tazzheadshot.jpg
tazz2.jpg

This is Black Ties Whistlin Dixie, who is sired by Black Tie Affair out of Hoeny Lace Hayes, who is a bay pinto...her body pattern is tobiano...but she has a blaze and 2 blue eyes (so I know that means she has something else there too)...is more white than anything. She's had 9 foals to date....all have been pinto...she was bred to a solid stallion 7 out of the 9 times...so I'm thinking she's probably homozygous
wink.gif

dixie1.jpg

And finally, this is Flyin G's Ima Dandy Encore, who is a full brother to Black Ties Whistlin Dixie...he has already been sold and will go to his new home in a few months.

dandy.jpg

Tracy

One of our stallions, Lucky Four Black Velvet Buck N Buck, minimal tobiano. Sire is a smoky black and dam is a black tobiano pinto. His first foal is a loudly marked bay pinto colt (out of a sorrel mare).

This picture was taken right after breeding season when he had been out in a pasture for a prolonged time. He's actually a very deep jet black.

Robin C

buckyw.jpg

Black pintos are my favorite!
yes.gif

You'll have to look on my site to see mine. We have several stallions and mares that are black pintos. (7?)

I have 2 black/white pintos.

This is a gelding I share with my friend Erika (Kira98). Sorry, I don't know what his parents looked like.

He is a Tobiano with Sabino.

29150cliplefty.JPG

29150rightclip.JPG

This mare obviously doesn't look pinto. But technically she is. She has lots of little roany white patches and white markings on her genitals. The 2 foals she has had that I know anything about were both black wildly marked pinto fillies.

Her Dam was either bay or buckskin (not sure from pictures), and her Sire was a black/white tobiano sabino pinto.

Here's Dixie, heavy in foal last year..........

29150dixleft510.JPG

Here's one of our three pintos, Little Wee Wild Elegance, barn name of Ellie. The rest of our horses are apps. Ellie's breeding is 3/4 app, 1/4 pinto, but she only shows pinto. She's bred to one of our leopards for next year. That should be interesting.

I believe the registries simply register a horse as "pinto" and don't get into the genetics of it as in tobiano or overo. I discussed it with them once. They said there is too much debate over what horse is what pattern, so they stay out of it.

Ellie has a black head, mostly white body with the typical chest shield and a big spot on each hip. Her mom was a sorrel pintaloosa (who didn't show app until she was eight years old!) and her dad was a black leopard. Both from long lines of leopards, with only one pinto thrown in there.

elliehead2005.jpg

TAFjr2_op_399x338.jpg

Filipowicz Entertaining The Foulks

Black Pinto Foaled 5-17-05

AMHR/ASPC Futurity Nominated

Sire: Graham's Classic Entertainer

ET2.jpg

ET is a double registered (AMHR# 223059b ASPC# 150190a) bay pinto stallion measuring 37 1/2 inches. He has 50 percent Arenosa breeding on the top side and Red Rock on the bottom side. He has a lovely small dished head and is very flashy.

Dam: Crumpts Silver Charm

AMHR/ASPC

Michigans Election Day Replay x Arbor Acres Crumpet

Foaled 5-25-2001

Charm is Gray with dark mane and tail.

Foundation Classic Shetland.

Hidden Meadows Making Black Magic, AMHA/AMHR/PtHA black tobiano pinto

sire-black & white dam-bay

0cf5ed4c.jpg

3699957d.jpg

Flying A's She's Got Rhythym, AMHR "B", dam of several homozygous horses by "Magic" (including 3 National Halter Champions!)

mares_cheyenne.jpg

Flying A's Come See About Me CC, AMHR A yearling black tobiano (out of black chestnut mare), granddaughter the two above horses, sired by one of their homozygous sons.

695416-R1-15-15A.jpg

Indian Bluff's Ghostdance CC, AMHR black tobiano (out of a solid sorrel mare) sired by the same stallion as the filly above. This 2005 colt was gelded yesterday!

802f0de3.jpg

Latest posts

Back