Can I see your fence?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovable minis

Reaction score
We are told that our retaining wall in the creek beside us will be fixed by fall. BUT I will need to take my fence down. I am wondering what can I do for my horses to get out and exercise a bit every day. Also I am wondering about new fence ideas. Can you show me some of yours?

Pictures of our retaining wall/creek...

during a storm...

f3212178.jpg

f3212093.jpg

And today its dry...

f3212553.jpg

You can see how close my fence is to the wall that fell. Can't wait till its fixed and the fence is back up.

THANKS!!

Hi - We use cattle panels & metal t-posts all along the perimeter of our property. We have it tied onto the t-posts by short lengths of fencing wire.

It's about industructible & lasts forever. THe squares are big enough (about 4 x 4 or bigger) that if a mini's foot goes in there, they can get it back out again without too much trouble. It also keeps dogs out. It comes in different heights, from 36 inches to 53 inches, I believe. Ours is 48". In most of our farm, it put up against locust posts that were there from our old fencing.

It can be moved without much problem. It's permanent, but moveable too. So, if you put it up next to your creek line, you can move it back again even further away, if necessary in another year. It's not really this "bright." Sun was reflecting off it.

Not the prettiest fence in the world, but possibly the most practical. I felt such a relief after it went up - knowing my "kids" were safe.
yes.gif

f727673b.jpg

You need to tell whoever is making you move your fence that it is causing you quite a hardship, not to mention more daily work and finances and you should be compensated for that. Make them buy you a fence!

My fencing is all field fencing and metal t posts for the minis. It also has hot wire knee high and over the top too.

Maybe you can try some portable panels?

I use cattle panels for my round pen. Works pretty good.

Latest posts

Back