Can I see your Dun horses....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinyMiteVillage

Reaction score
I got this new mare and altho she does not have the dark dorsal stripe down her back only on her hips and down her tail..........so I wanted to see everyone elses duns. Please.
default_new_shocked.gif

Personally, I love any horse better with dun factor!!! Names are links to their own pages with lots more pictures of each.

[SIZE=12pt]Erica's Gone and DunIT[/SIZE]2005 31” AMHR / AMHA grey-grullo fancy moving stallion – National Top 10 (halter) & AMHA Honor Roll (halter) – Multi Champion – Proven Sire

Grandson of both Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too (“BTU”) and Yellow Diamond Little Feather, Great Grandson of Egyptian King

DUNIT%20--%2006232006%20138.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Double A Ranch's Cinco-Sundance[/SIZE]

1999 42” Bay Dun Pony Gelding

SUNDANCE%20--%20070107%20GELDINGS.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Passionately Dun, a/k/a "Passion"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Grey-Grulla Filly -- Expected To Mature @ 31”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion) and Out of Edgewood Skip To My Lou (Halter Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

Passion%20041308%20007.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Wee Equine Acres Dun Sweet[/SIZE]

2003 33.75" AMHA / AMHR Silver Buckskin Mare w/ Dun Factor

to be bred to DunIT for a 2009 Foal

maddiesmall%20Flipped.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Tibb’s Sundowner (HOF)[/SIZE]

1998 34" AMHR Silver Bay Dun Gelding

Halter Hall of Fame / 3x National Champion / 6x Reserve National Champion / 20x Grand Champion

Grandson of Boones Little Andy -- He's my hoofed teddy bear

Sunny%202007%20VMHC%20smaller.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Show Colt – Dark Bay Dun / Expected to Grey -- Expected To Mature @ 33”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion), out of Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope (Halter Gr Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, Rowdy, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

Ducky%20051408.jpg

(it's hard to see but Ducky does have a dorsal and shoulder bars, and his sire is dun)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my little mare Miss Dimples. She is not registered but she is a sweetheart. She was rescued from a lady who had her and several others in with a big horse and they were starving. So a friend of mine got them and I got Dimples from her. She is bred with a surprise. Either to a buckin paint or a paint mini donkey........can't wait to see what surprise I get...........lol.......should be interesting. She was with the jack the longest so I am thinking it might be a mule baby.

IMG_0782.jpg

Erica they are beautiful. I love Dunit.........he is breath taking.
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

I thought so at first that she was a sorrel. But then she has a dorsal stripe starting at her hips and down her tail. Mini colors are so confusing.......lol........

IMG_0486.jpg

She's definitely sorrel based...and to me, the "stripe" just looks like countershading to me, I wouldn't call her a dun.

Erica they are beautiful. I love Dunit.........he is breath taking.
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
Hehe
default_smile.png
Nah, the horses posted are mine (Jill) but DunIT was bred by Erica
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif
I have admired Erica's horses and program for a loooong time and am proud to own quite a few from her
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I have a grulla filly with the creme gene and she also tested positive for tobiano even though there isn't any white on her body.....
dunnabars7-28.jpg

missybella2.jpg

We have a few, descended from the same mare.

BobDrive.jpg

Mom and his sisters are golden dun, he is the only Grulla of the bunch.

My stallion is a grulla and has produced a lot of duns. His first two foals were grulla pinto colts.

Then he sired a red dun colt

spitribs.jpg

And last year a bay dun

sara18.jpg

th_Merrylegs3-21.jpg

This is Merrylegs a red dun overo filly. She is a doll. Her momma is standing next to year and sire walking behind. She has a pretty bald face, blue eyes and four white socks. Cannot tell if belly spots yet, she is so light. I "think" she is a dun that is, she has a faint dorsal. I guess when I wet her down I will be able to see her markings really well, or when I clip her.

* Oh gosh the photo is so small. It is from photo bucket?

th_breeziebabyrightside523.jpg

Here is another one, maybe it is bigger?

Last edited by a moderator:
Merrylegs3-21.jpg

breeziebabyrightside523.jpg

There you go - I took the thumbnail designation out of the URL for you... maybe you clicked on the thumbnail instead of using the regualr URL when you chose the photos...
default_yes.gif

Oh gosh, that is really cool! I did go back to photo shop to see the size of photo I saved, was going to make them bigger.

I right clicked on the photo and highligthed the URL from Photo Bucket. Maybe that cannot be done anymore like that? I did not realize about the/a thumbnail URL.
default_smile.png

Thank you so much!

B

Latest posts

Back