Can I see pictures of....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennie_07

Reaction score
Can I see your pictures of your mini's harnessed up, I would really enjoy it!

thanks,

-Jennie
smile.gif

I would love to send you one but have not a clue how to post a pic. I could send it to you via email, (need addy tho) I CAN do that much. Then you could post it if you liike. It is a pic I took while walking beside my daughter as she drove it in our Canada Day Parade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my mini stallion Fredrick Jones in his breastcollar style harness and also with his collar and hames harness.

100_2956.jpg

100_3452.jpg

Here is my dwarf, Dusty, with his "harness" which is really our draft horses halter put on upside down. He has a tiny little wagon that he pulls his toys around in! He really seems to enjoy being just like the big horse! NO FLAMES please! I don't really drive Dusty! The little wagon weighs less than 10 pounds and rolls easily in a breeze. I am going to decorate it for making our Christmas cards with him.

100_3544.jpg

Here's our draft horse for good measure, what a contrast!

100_3517.jpg

ShadowandSandraCana4FA9C7.jpg

-Picture posted for SILVER-

-Gage-

No flames Lotsocats, you can see you are just playing- I've done that headcollar thing before too- I used a couple to turn my Dobergirls into Huskies to help pull the wheel barrow and we harnessed a really tiny one "just for fun" with one too. I've never seen the "horse nappy" in action before, thanks for that- it looks far neater and tidier than I had imagined.

I've never seen the "horse nappy" in action before, thanks for that- it looks far neater and tidier than I had imagined.

.........stupid question, what is a "horse nappy" that rabbitsfizz made mention of.

what is a "horse nappy" that rabbitsfizz made mention of
If you look again at the draft horse's picture, you can see it hanging behind the horse. It catches the "Poops", I have also seen them actually attach to the harness and hang off of the horse itself, but this one looks tidier for sure.

Oh, so that's what the poop bag is called! I think nappy sounds better!!! Yes, this is a nice "nappy". It attaches to his britchen and to the back of the shafts so it doesn't constantly bang on his legs. Plus, when it gets poop in it the weight doesn't pull so much on his harness. It was 107 degrees the day this was taken and I'm sure Santana appreciated not having that thing hanging against his rear legs.

Do they make the "horse nappy's" for miniatures or I guess in a smaller size. That ones looks neat and painless. I would say when you use it, would depend on were you’re going.

-Jennie

SILVER said:
I would love to send you one but have not a clue how to post a pic. I could send it to you via email, (need addy tho) I CAN do that much. Then you could post it if you liike. It is a pic I took while walking beside my daughter as she drove it in our Canada Day Parade.
425599[/snapback]

Silver I would love to see that too. MAxine

Here are some of mine. I have so many driving horses and am in the mood to be driving BIG TIME but it's like a rain forest here lately. So hot and humid and I don't want to make them work in this sauna atmosphere and don't want to be out in it really myself. I hope the humidity will go down a little soon so I can do some driving.

Here are four of my nine driving horses (8 minis, 1 morgan). This fall, I hope to add Sunny (Tibbs Sundowner) to these numbers and plan to train him myself (for the accomplishment and to see how good I can do him compared to the mare I trained 5 years ago before I knew much of anything). Pictured in order are Lou, Goldie, Derby and Lonesome:

Driving%20Lou%20More%20--%20April%2015,%202004%20017.jpg

kim+goldie.jpg

driving-derby-dorey-park-102002.jpg

July%204,%202004%20--%20Delaware%20--%20Area%20One%20Show%20--%20Lonesome%20Driving%20013.jpg

Hi Maxine,

Gage posted the pic for me. I think my girl is doing fairly well driving for a couple green horns. We do not show, but do, do the odd parade and local fairs.

Here's a pic of our gelding, LBFs Commodity Blues at the 2003 Julep Cup

Commod2003JulepCup.jpg

sfmini said:
Here's a pic of our gelding, LBFs Commodity Blues at the 2003 Julep Cup
Commod2003JulepCup.jpg

426462[/snapback]

new_shocked.gif
WOW what a beautiful boy! in the pic, what gait is he doing(besides trot, duh! what kind? extened? how did you do that!?) he is really pretty. nice job!
yes.gif

That was the extended trot. He was trained to drive from his hindquarters. That gait of his is natural, not enhanced in any way. A lot of what he does is because he moves that way naturally.

Got four of them...soon to be five(next year...Pippin gets to play). Figured I'd try and dig up some old pictures...

Fascination(this was cones 2? years ago)

fb274924.jpg

Dan(this was a show just this last spring...recent, I know)

f41328f3.jpg

Ref(this is still one of my all time favorite pics)

fbcc09de.jpg

Shog(last year, late March)

f59ccf2a.jpg

And grounddriving Ref and Fascination together...

fb5a41d4.jpg

This is our mini jack in harness. Barbara was determined he was going to go backwards.
rolleyes.gif

Kilroy3.jpg

Latest posts

Back