Can I see photo's of pregnant bellies?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Latika

Reaction score
My mare is 7months along (due in Oct) and seems rather small.. its hard to get a good indication from photo's tho as its mid winter here and she has a coat about 3inches thick!! She is a maiden too, so I am hoping thats all it is and that she hasnt lost it. She was preg tested positive in Feb, approx 70days into the pregnancy.

I have had a rug on her this last week (its been raining alot) so will try get some pics this weekend of her now that the rug may have flattened her coat down a bit
default_unsure.png

This is her 2weeks ago (7months)

100_2383.jpg

This was taken in May at 5months along...

170509_00.jpg

Would love to see pics of your mares at around the same stage, am I being paranoid or is she a normal size?! (FYI this is my first mini foal lol)

I don't know if this will help you at all since my mare is not a maiden but I kept her in good shape during her pregnancy.

Vixon was about 1-2 months to her due date in this picture.

Untitled-10.jpg

This mare is due in August (on the 11th she'll be at 300 days) with her second foal.

This was in April, so I guess she was about as far along as yours is

cocoa4-10-9.jpg

These were taken June 25th (and yes, she IS pregnant)

cocoa284days36-25-9.jpg

cocoa284days26-25-9.jpg

cocoa284days6-25-9.jpg

This is the same stage last year as the above photos (almost to the day, those are 284 days and this is 285)

cocoa285days22-24-8.jpg

Thankyou for the replies
default_smile.png

CheyAut your mare looks like she carries high, which makes me feel better about my girls tiny belly! All the mini breeders I've spoken to locally their mares are all huge already! Its good to know they arent all like that
default_smile.png
Does your mare get much bigger in the later stages?

Yeah, it's hard to tell she's pregnant to most people, but I can tell by looking at about 4 months! I just know what her belly looks like lol ;) This photo was taken 5 hours before foaling last year:

cocoa5hrsbefore4-29-8.jpg

This was one week before

cocoa340days34-22-8.jpg

Two weeks before

cocoadays4-8.jpg

Her non-pregnant look

cocoa11corr.jpg

And then I have some that look pregnant and aren't! LOL ;)

Thanks for the pics
default_thumbup.gif
I think I am just not used to looking at little mares with little bellies! My friends mini mares all get big quick, perhaps because they've had foals before. And big horses have less hair to see through
default_smile.png

CheyAut I think your mare would of had me questioning if she is still in right up til the end LOL this is my mares first foal so i dont know how she carries, least now maybe I will know for next time! she is quite slim built too and is the only mini i've encountered that doesnt get fat easy (my others I have to watch to keep weight off, her I have to make sure she keeps it on!)

This is her in non preg condition:

n538899503_953635_4572.jpg

Here`s my miniature horse Wagner Blue J legacy Gem 2-3 months away from foaling she is bred to a red appaloosa

DSC08404.JPG

DSC08425.JPG

DSC08417.JPG

DSC08401.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to mention her dam is Vermilyea farms Legacy Jubilee and her sire is Fallen Ash farms Blue Interlude

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back