Can I see baby pictures of silver dapples

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

MyBarakah

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Well.... I'd like to get my little filly, Gwen, registered. And I figured she'd be white under her hair with all the whiteish hair coming threw her brownish/deer color baby hair.

Well it's been SO hot and humid here that I did a partial body clip and to my suprise she is a mousey grulla grey color all over including her mane/tail.....

Which really made me wounder if she's not a silver dapple..... I've never had a silver dapple baby so I don't know what color they are when they are born. Too me this filly is different than a grey baby now that I've had 2 of them......

The dam's a sliver bay and the sire is a slow sturning grey that is very dappled.

SO I was woundering if anyone had pictures of thier silver dapple babies foals when they are very young so I can see if she is of the same color. She is one week old right now.....

Thanks!
default_yes.gif

Minimor

Reaction score
Here's one, at a week old;

IMG_0116.jpg

she did not get her mom's grey gene; this filly has grown up to be a nice dark silver black, almost as dark as her daddy.

I have other pix of other foals somewhere, but they aren't on the computer so I can't post them just now.

MyBarakah

Reaction score
Oh WOW! I am excited.....my filly does look allot of the same color of your fillY! I will be SO excited if shes' a silver dapple! It's suppose to rain today(like about EVERY DAY here, it seems!)..... but I will try to get a photo of her some time today and post it on here later......

SammyL

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]I think he is a silver dapple, if not, then I have no idea what he is! [/SIZE]

Here is Valley View Java Blues as a baby before he came to live with me...

littleblue.jpg

Here he is today..

face.jpg

River Wood

Reaction score
Here is our silver dapple.... River Wood's Rapid Inquisitor as a foal....

Quizcroppedframe.jpg

and as a yearling.

quizforsaleboard-1.jpg

Brandi*

Reaction score
Here is Miss Melody when she was just a wee one.

The first picture was taken by Shauna Lidikay of Ravenloft Kennels.

Melody_front_8_2_07.jpg

DSC04038.jpg

And here she is now, as a yearling

DSC06882.jpg

DSC06873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachel

Reaction score
Boy can I ever relate to what you're going through! My first foal we ever had turned out to be a silver dapple but for many months we had NO idea what she was - sorrel, silver buckskin, grulla, gray... It certainly didn't help that for the longest time we thought the dam was sorrel when in actuality she's a silver bay
default_wacko.png
very similar to your situation in that the dam is in fact silver bay and the sire is a true gray. Here's a picture of the filly at a few days old and again as a yearling. Hope this helps!

Dolly.jpg

Terrible picture but you can see her color! (clipped)

IMG_0441.jpg

CheyAut

Reaction score
Here's mine. Tested silver black, no cream (he is Ee aa Zn)

8e79bc53.jpg

And now (winter and non-winter coats)

cruiseradt253-29-8.jpg

cruiser6117.jpg

Jessi

Latest posts