Can I just say how I REALLY feel about

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Crap,,,just plain crap crap crap!!

My antenna was just fine thank you, got 16 channels, all I had time to watch.

So it is time for the switch over. My TV is 100 years old, so I will just get a new one, avoid the whole converter box ordeal and I do need a new one.

Spent a month shopping for the right TV.

Ok,,,now I have to get an HD antenna. I do,,,doesn't work. Get a more expensive one, 25 more feet of coax cable,,,all to pick up TWO channels!!
default_sad.png

REEEAALLY!!

I have a new TV, new antenna, new cable,several trips to tiwn,,,all for a few dollars
default_smile.png
ALL to get 14 fewer channels. Yeah, that works for me. NOT!! Even the place where I got the TV sent someone out to help fix it.

Why can't we leave good enough allow. If the government is going to step in on my behalf, can we at least make it better?

I am already preparing for when they tell me I have to switch to an I Phone instead of a regular cell phone, cause I'm sure it's better for me!

Help me with health care, or my parents retirement, but leave my freak'in Young and The Restless alone!! I was viewing it with NO problem,,do you hear me, none!

Who got hurt, saw commercials, but didn't get to the episode.

Isn't it a pain?

I know a lot of people who didn't think about needing the converter box for the LQ of their horse trailer, and were scrambling trying to get things running at the start of the show season lol.

We have dish...which really we don't watch near enough to justify it.

We have satellite because cable isn't available way out here. When we had analog channels, we had one, yes, one. Now that the digital broadcast is out, we have none. Digital doesn't go as far as analog, so we have nothing. The only time we really needed that one analog channel was when the tornado warnings were out. We lose satellite signal when the storms come and we don't have sirens in the country, so we relied on that one analog channel on our tiny portable (non-digital) tv, when we were trying to decide if we should run for the storm shelter or not. The other night, a storm system came through and as it got closer, the weather man kept cutting into programming letting us know the storm winds were being clocked between 70-92mph and getting stronger. Then, we lost signal. All is well, but man, I sure do miss that one channel on nights like that. I understand your frustrations. It's just our government slowly chipping away at our rights and freedoms..... (fire away!)

I am in total agreement......I pretty much did the same. New TV and antenna...I went from 10 channels to 0 BIG FAT ZIP......So having an 8 year old girl who was very upset after 3 weeks of no TV and making that point VERY clear (figured we don't watch it much anyway we'll survive without it) I broke down and got Direct TV so now while I have more channels and a nice big fat bill to go with it I also have a daughter who was perfectly fine watching an hour a day when we only got a few channels who now wants to sit and stare at the TV all day long....Ugg!! She never used to complain when I told her it was time to shut the TV off now it's a battle....

I sure am getting a lot more done these days...no TV, back to reading books, weather man never knew what he is talking about anyway!!
default_rolleyes.gif

The transition isn't supposed to make things better for you... its supposed to reassign frequencies for the ultimate goal of freeing up very much needed emergency frequencies for police and fire responce, who have been sharing with other groups for a long time. Yes its a pain in the butt, but its good for the majority of people. I'm sorry it seems to be making things hard for you guys
default_sad.png
I'd be upset too.

It's the government... what did you expect? It to actually WORK RIGHT??!!! You silly girl!

I'm just as happy as can be having no TV in the background (it was never my choice to have it on...). We're only 30 minutes from Portland, but we have numerous hills and dales and a multitude of trees between our high-powered UHF/VHF antenna and the broadcasting towers and Keith has yet to get it set up just right.

I've always refused to get cable...why pay money to waste time and brain cells? It was bad enough to have to buy a converter box and then a new antenna...

So to be honest, in addition to appreciating the real reason for the switch (Nathan is correct), I'm really enjoying NOT having any TV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back