Can I get a little 'appraisal'?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowriseMinis

Reaction score
I've got a very special chance to buy back my very first Mini horse that I reluctantly sold as a teenager. I want him back so badly, but of course I'm broke! His current owner is being very kind and instead of replying with a firm price, wanted to know what I could afford. I need to consult my finances tomorrow, but I want to be sure whatever I come up with isn't painfully undervaluing him and insulting to her.

He is a: 7 year old gelding, registered (I think double), do not know height. He is very well broke to drive, pretty much bombproof. He has been in parades, on trail drives, camping trips, has been shown at local level shows, and does very well with timed obstacle driving. He just got back from a CDE clinic not that long ago and showed potential in dressage and did very well with the cones, and still had the endurance to finish the marathon phase without any trouble.

And I don't know if it adds value, but he's a pretty cool horse.
default_wub.png

It's just so hard to say because the range can be all over the place. Is he nice enough and pretty enough to also show halter and win? That would be a factor in pricing, I'd think. I've seen well broke driving geldings priced from $500 - $5,000... (I realize this isn't a great help -- sorry.)

I hope you get him back. It sounds like you would really love having him around again
default_wub.png

You could always make payments for the remainder, pay what you can down and the balance in payments. That is how I got my first mini stallion and a number of my mares.

Thanks for the input! Payments are probably the way to go for me.

I don't have a recent conformation picture, but he's not a bad looking gelding. I don't think he's World Show halter quality, but he might place well on a more local level.

Yes payments might work out for both of you
default_wub.png
I hope you get him. If you do please post pictures
default_yes.gif

If I bring him home there will be plenty of pics! The folks have a new camera and I have a Flickr account, so I've been going a little crazy with the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
The horse I just posted a picture of is my mare, NOT the gelding I'm looking to buy.

I bought him as a halter broke weanling for $500. I think he's worth a bit more than that now.

I did a lot of soul searching and financial consideration, and just a bit of 'market research' and wrote with an offer last night. Let's hope it's enough.
default_unsure.png

My best wishes!

I had the chance to get a horse back that I had sold.. and it still haunts me to this day I didn't 'bring her home'..
default_no.gif
Now, I sold her for reasons as in our personalities clashes and she literally attacked me to the point of an ER visit, but still.. I wanted her back so.. much.. years later.. she was a child's mount.
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back