Can I breed Jasmine safely this year?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are recent pictures finally!!! I'm hoping Josie sheds out and gets her dark points back like she had this summer. Jasmine (momma) is the paint and Josie (yearling next month) is the palomino.

jasmine.jpg

jasmine 2.jpg

josie.jpg

josie 2.jpg

Look at those pretty girls. I was just thinking about Josie the other day and was wondering what she looked like now. Cute for sure!
default_yes.gif

Look at those pretty girls. I was just thinking about Josie the other day and was wondering what she looked like now. Cute for sure!
default_yes.gif
ha ha thanks!!!!! Yeah she is doing wondeful! She is the boss of her mom and our mini donkeys, so she always has plenty to eat! Right now she isn't the prettiest, but her markings keep changing dramatically!! When she was born she was a very light palomino with no dark anywhere, then she got black markings on her face, then her legs, belly, and chest, then she got a star and snip, then the star went away, and she lost her black points and I have no clue what she is going to be now.
default_thud.gif

Ok I'd love to see them.
default_smile.png
It sounds like she likes to change her wardrobe, a different colour for every day of the week. lol

Here is from when she was born until later summer and the previous pictures posted are from after these were taken! The weird looking circle on her shoulder is from when she rubbed her hair off on the fence from her itchy foal coat (from what I was told when she was rubbing on the fence). Hopefully it all makes sense with the order of pictures...if you have questions feel free to ask

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Oh yeah the color changes have been interesting!! She was changing her wardrobe pretty much everyday atotton!! Cassie, thanks!! I hope she does get them back, because I loved her look when she had them!! I have thought about clipping her, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to or not. When the hair grows back, will it be normal or a little different?

Here are some more of josie's black points she had for a while. She had a black star, that changed to white...it was so weird. Then her chest started turning black also.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

thank you so much eagle!!!! We just love her!! She does everything you can think of except drive or ride!! Her momma on the other hand was my first horse I ever trained to drive and I was so proud of her and myself for being able to do it myself. She learned fast!

driving 1.jpg

The picture in the doorway is too cute!
default_wub.png
Good job training Jasmine, hopefully Josie will be just as easy when she is old enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is cos her skin is black and her foal fur was falling out leaving darker patches. I have a pic of one of my foals that looks like he is wearing a mask, i will post it for you to see tomorrow. Cassie has just posted a foal pic today that is doing the same shedding.

The picture in the doorway is too cute!
default_wub.png
Good job training Jasmine, hopefully Josie will be just as easy when she is old enough.
thanks!!! She has a cute personality with a bit of a wild streak, like last week when I was lunging her and she just took off running circles and wouldn't stop...haha...good thing shes little

That is cos her skin is black and her foal fur was falling out leaving darker patches. I have a pic of one of my foals that looks like he is wearing a mask, i will post it for you to see tomorrow. Cassie has just posted a foal pic today that is doing the same shedding.
oh ok!! Where did she post the picture at? I would like to see it!
default_smile.png

Great pictures Kay, it is so much fun to see updated pics of the babies born last year so thanks for posting!
default_yes.gif

I think that a lot of her colour 'changes' over the last year have been due to her foal coat - foals are such fun with a hint of colour here and a hint of colour there. LOL!! It will be really exciting to see how she turns out this coming Spring/Summer - please dont clip her, or at least leave it until after her natural colour comes through as I for one would love to see how she ends up!

Oh and keep those pictures of your pretty pair coming.
default_yes.gif

Josie is so adorable. Loved seeing your pictures. And congratulations on training to drive by yourself. What an awesome accomplishment!

Great pictures Kay, it is so much fun to see updated pics of the babies born last year so thanks for posting!
default_yes.gif

I think that a lot of her colour 'changes' over the last year have been due to her foal coat - foals are such fun with a hint of colour here and a hint of colour there. LOL!! It will be really exciting to see how she turns out this coming Spring/Summer - please dont clip her, or at least leave it until after her natural colour comes through as I for one would love to see how she ends up!

Oh and keep those pictures of your pretty pair coming.
default_yes.gif
ha ha thanks!!!! Yeah she changed so many times over the last year it's crazy!! I probably won't since I don't even have the right clippers right now. So the coat after you clip them is not the same as their natural coat? I know it can make it lighter or darker, but does it affect their natural coat color?

Josie is so adorable. Loved seeing your pictures. And congratulations on training to drive by yourself. What an awesome accomplishment!
It took alot of work and learning, but we learned together!!

Here are some pictures from when she was young. I will try to upload some recent pictures later! I have tons, so be ready to see tons of picctures!! HAHA
default_thumbup.gif

Dolly 2.jpg

dolly 3.jpg

Dolly 5.jpg

Dolly 6.jpg

Josie 7.jpg

Josie 9.jpg

Josie 10.jpg

Josie and Jasmine running.jpg

Josie Kissing.jpg

Latest posts

Back