Can anyone tell me more about this buggy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
We made the decision a while ago, that we were getting out of minis. This new property that we moved to is just to hilly, not at all mini friendly, and we haven't been able to enjoy driving for quite some time. We are keeping one as a pet, but decided that we are moving on to haflingers, and have already purchased our driving mare.

So my husband came home with quite a purchase today from an auction.
default_wacko.png
I was intent on purchasing an ez entry made for haflingers, and apparently he decided this is what he wanted!
default_gaah.gif
Can anybody please enlighten me on what this cart is? I have to say, it has THE most comfortable seats I have ever sat in on a cart/buggy, and it is sized perfectly for our haflinger. He said the reason he liked it, was the brakes that it has.........they work amazing, and will be good for our hilly property, and hilly roads.

There is a name on the cart, Voitures Robert and Fils, dated 2003.

This cart was cared for very very well! There is absolutely no rust on it, it's steady as a rock, and the only scrapes it has are on the shafts from normal wear and tear.

Here's Big Blue!

Pictures065.jpg

Pictures064.jpg

Pictures067.jpg

Pictures069-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks to my untrained eyes like a wagonette type. It looks to be in good condition, however its not a full 5th wheel, its got the bar in the middle. Be careful in your turns and backing and you should be ok. Have fun with it.

Karen

Is a Marathon cart. You might take a look at the sites that sell them...they may know more about that one. Is very nice!

http://www.robertcarriages.com/en/index.shtml

Did some research found the manufacturer, they call it a cross country buggy, similar to a wagonette, its not a marathon vehichle as it doesn't have a full 5th wheel, I believe it has what is called a cut under, note the bar going from front axle to rear axle, marathon vehicles don't have this to allow them to turn in a smaller radius.

Looks great, have fun with it, just becareful on your turns and backing until you get used to it.

Karen

geri,

That's the neatest cart I've ever seen. My FIL has a Fjord team, the gelding drives single and would look great pulling that.

Hhhhmmmm!!!!

Latest posts

Back