Cameras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beth G

Reaction score
So I have decided it's time for a new camera. All of my previous digital cameras were kodak, I think I want to try something new. I am looking at the Nikon d5000 or the d3100. Anyone have either of these cameras? If so, how do you like them? Any other suggestions (as long as they are not too pricey)? I mainly take pics of my 2 girls, fur babies and sunsets!! Thanks in advance!!

I dont have any experience with Nikons but I have the Canon T2i and I really like it. Tons of detail and when the focus is really sharp. The T2i was my first DSLR and I thought it might be too complicated but the controls and settings are easy to use once you play with it a little bit. I bought mine lightly used with 2 lenses for $800. Since the T3i came out, you can get the T2i new or used with one lens for around $500-$600.

I just bought this camera and LOVE it. It was under $200:

Canon PowerShot SX130 IS <<< Review Link

ZYFRONT-MD.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Canon Rebel XTi here and I LOVE it!! I also take pix of my animals and sunsets. Check out these pix I took with it:

Sunsets 156.jpg

Sunset 3.jpg

Sunsets 053.jpg

Clouds over Jane\'s 1.jpg

I do lightning with it, too!

Lucy\'s Pix 024.jpg

I have a Nikon D40 & a Nikon D7000. I love both of them. Check out my website and at the bottom there are links to my photography site and blog which have lots of photos taken be my Nikons.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help!

If that's what you are looking to spend, those are nice cameras.

I have the same camera as Jill (under $200) and it does take great pictures! Even action shots turn out pretty good.

However, if you are at a more "professional" level I'd recommend a more expensive camera that is less "point and shoot"... but the PowerShot by Canon does a pretty good job at making your pictures look good if you're not the most technical person.

Andrea

Thanks everyone! I will check out the other camera suggestions, I am going to look tonight!

I have the nikon D80 and the D5000. I love the D80, the other one is OK. The best camera is one that fits your hand and is comfortable to hold, that you can can play with the settings comfortably (automatic is OK, but so many more fun things you can do with cameras when auto is turned off!) IMake sure you hold them and play with them and get one that feels right to you, and will do what you need it to do! Let us know what you get!

Oh man, for me, I need nothing technical. I have too little patience and a temper that matches up with the rumor regarding Irish tempers.

Okay, went and looked at cameras tonight after reviewing them for a good part of the day. I ended up getting the Canon PowerShot SX30IS. I really haven't had much time to play with it or figure out all the bells and whistles, but believe me- there will be a lot of picture taking going tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back