Camera Streaming for free

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeganH

Reaction score
Is there anyone here who knows of a free camera streaming site? I used Mare Stare for my mare when she foaled and loved it but I don't need people watching my cams right now. I just want to be able to check on them and have some family be able to see them as they enjoyed it a lot. It would only be from time to time so I wondered if there was a free site that anyone had used and would recommend.

EDIT: Also- is there a way you can connect a cam to your personal website for free if you had a free webpage from something like weebly or webs?

Last edited by a moderator:
We bought a new system for the barn this year that allows us to do that. Only a few people can watch at a time, they just need the ip address. It is a Swann system if you want to check into them. Was a little tricky to get everything up and running, but it's neat to be able to check horses on my iphone.

Jan

I use a free app on my Android that allows me to watch my cams at home. I can also watch from my laptop. Others can watch with the ip address. It's called ip cam.

Last edited:
Thank you wildoak and Parmela. We thought the cam system we bought streamed online but can't figure out how to. I am going to keep looking into it and look into the ip cam as well. Thank you!

Camstreams.com its what I use, you can have no chat, or a small or large chat. We have a wonderful group that gets together and watches at foal time, but we also stream other critters too. Great place to watch if needed
default_smile.png

OH MY
default_blush.png
DONT accidentally put in "camstream.com" without the s on the back...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Camstreams is free. This is the link
default_smile.png

http://www.camstreams.com/

Ive used it for years and love it. There are no viewer limits anymore, and you can moderate it
default_smile.png

Love this idea...what kind of camera system did you get? What do I need to be able to stream this to Camstream? How about to a smartphone? If I did this I wouldnt be stuck in or by the house for weeks. I currently have a wireless camera...it has a little router that attaches to my tv. I would really like more mobility. Thanks for the help.

Gina

Love this idea...what kind of camera system did you get? What do I need to be able to stream this to Camstream? How about to a smartphone? If I did this I wouldnt be stuck in or by the house for weeks. I currently have a wireless camera...it has a little router that attaches to my tv. I would really like more mobility. Thanks for the help.

Gina
I use a hard wire camera, and then I connect the coax cable to a dazzle, which connects to my computer. The dazzle can be purchased at best buy, for roughly 65$. Then I make sure the router allows the port to camstreams, as well as my firewall. You create a free camstreams account and then download the program from camstreams. Its very easy.

Latest posts

Back