Camera-battery issue

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]I have a Canon Power Shot S2 IS. It came with rechargeable batteries. They lasted awhile. I recharged them several times and all was well. Then they started not lasting very long at all, so I bought new ones. They'd charge, but last 2 days in the camera. Charge them again and they'd be charged in 20 minutes--so they didn't need it. But the camera said to change the batteries.[/SIZE]

Bought a new charger and new batteries. Charged the batteries (they didn't need it), put them in and within 30 minutes camera says to change batteries again. The last time they worked for about 50 photos and were done.

If I use regular batteries, they work for a long time. But I don't want to fill the dumps with batteries!!

What is the problem? Anyone have this happen?

Morning Karla!

I am the all time champion of wasted batteries and thrower away of charge-me-not rechargable batteries.
default_biggrin.png
I know the feeling and I am back to not using rechargable just for this reason. I go through a lot (well, lets face it most) of pictures that aren't even usable. So although I can not help you I can understand.

I've been told that rechargable batteries create a memory. If you don't run them all the way down and just recharge for just a little charge they create the memory and don't charge all the way down and then don't recharge right. So it is best to run them all the way down before recharging. It makes the batteries charge better. Also don't overcharge the batteries...get them out of the charger when they are charged. Don't leave rechargeable things, like vacuums, plugged in the wall all the time. Once they are charged remove the plug from the wall.

Hi there I work at a photography studio, we sell film and batteries and stuff like that as well and we get this question often. It sounds like your problem is the batteries. I had this problem with my old digital. I took them out of the chrager when they were done and then put them right back in and that seemed to do the trick. but you could also have a problem with your camera, and it is taking alot of battery power to run it.

there are also safe ways to dipose of your used batteries. Your local camera shop may take them for you...I know we do.

-Vanessa

This is also why I stopped using them. They are so much more expensive and they dont last anytime at all once you have used them. I was also told what Charley said above but they still didnt last

Latest posts

Back