Came home from the Area V Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
Just came back from the Area V Nationals today. It was at an Arena in Lufkin, right next to a zoo. So amid the nickerings and neighing of the horses and ponies came the sound of yelling peacocks. The Lone Star Pony Club brought fresh watermelon for everyone and on Saturday night a free Mexican dinner was catered paid for by some farm.
default_eat.gif
Also Saturday night there was a dunking booth and they set Belinda Bagby up and she went under.
default_biggrin.png
Larry Parnell brought his driving horses and ponies who are all gorgeous!
default_drool5.gif
And the Taylor Pony farm from Ohio had a beautiful pony in a viceroy who stepped so high it was more like entertainment since they were they only one in the ring.
default_laugh.png

And I am very proud of my boy Bodaous who placed 2nd in Amatuer Halter Obstacle and 1st in Open Halter Obstacle. And Captain drove for the first time in the show ring quite well.

Congratulations on your wins!!!

If it was as hot there as it was here, Belinda probably didn't mind getting wet
default_biggrin.png

Anyone get pics of B under water? THAT had to be funny.
default_yes.gif

The Taylor's have awesome driving horses. They had some at the Area 2 show, always great to watch them.
default_yes.gif

Oh that is funny
default_laugh.png

Ive seen Abbie show , i want to say his name is Michigans Striking Performer or Golden Eagle, one of the two , in Fine Harness (one of the viceroy classes?) at congress and here at area II. They are a hoot to watch,on the RFD special of congress, they showed him in slow motion during the class and i went
default_drool5.gif
:drool.

Sounds like a good time
default_aktion033.gif
....so where are the pics ?

Come on Lea, I know you got pictures of B and Tuffy in the Dunk'n Booth

Sounds like we missed a really good time. Belinda is always a good sport.
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats on your placings also.

I would like to give a a big round of
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
To Lea Dill and her crew for a show well Done.. The Arkansas folks thank you for doing such a great Job for us..

I would like to really Thank Don and Beverly Burdette for a Great Dinner cater from one of Don's Resturants in Lufkin..
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Next The Youth were So busy all weekend with selling Snow Cones and actives , that is always great to see.. And they were so lucky as Vickie and Ray Tobin sponsored all the Youth High point awards and OH MY
default_488.gif
I have not seen so much given out for one award , Directors Chairs, Huge Ribbons, Mini Bucks , Trophies and I am not sure what all else.. Thank you Tobins for giving our Youth something great to work towards..

NOW FOR LEA DILL AND THAT WATER Tank
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
, And then some one
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
Paid $100 to see Me on the Plank !! And yes I went down
default_bye-sad.gif
!!! But then I got to watch my Good Friend Lea Dill , get the same
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
And then my other good friend Tuffy Acton what a Splash
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
The money raised was going to help sponsor what we could at Congress

The Judges were great with the Youth and they also seemed to enjoy the show.. Many Thanks for the Taylor family coming down and showing us all their really nice ponies..

All and All it was a great weekend, We are so tired but ready for the next one..
default_wacko.png

Belinda was an excellent sport considering she really could have gotten out of being dunked!! And the water was cold!
default_yes.gif
I also wanted to say that Pete got dunked, too. There are pictures out there so I'm sure we will be seeing some on here soon.

I would also like to thank Cherryville Farms, John and his lovely wife, for giving out the nice bags. My horse papers fit nicely in there
default_biggrin.png
Keeps my notebook from spilling out.

We took time out to visit the zoo that was next door and it was nice.

Great show!!!!!!

I wish I could have been there sounds like a Blast !

Congrats on your wins
default_smile.png

Yes, I have pictures and will send them off to Erica who knows how to post..... Will do that later tonight...

LOLOL -- the show was great fun......................

Latest posts

Back