Calling all mini owners with regd PTHA Pintos....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fantasia

Reaction score
The New Zealand Pinto Association has a remit in front of its AGM in August that to be even regd in the miniature category a height certificate must be provided.

I'm trying to understand their logic on this one and feel that they are confusing a SHOW rule with a REGISTRATION rule.

We have to carry Royal Agricultural Society height certificates to show as minis in their section. Height for age applies as per usual miniature association rules

Permanant registration is at age five.

They are struggling to get the miniature numbers as it is and personally I think this will be a dis-incentive to register. Who's going to get a foal registered when you may not show it until the following year, may be you might not bother with the Pinto registration at all??????

From a quick look at the American site, I can't see a requirement for height verification at time of registration but can see they have to be measured to show. Is this correct?

What proof of final height is accepted?

Any thoughts on the subject appreciated

When I registered with the PtHA they just asked me his height. It was in no way verified. I do not show him, yet, so I have not had anyone else stick him.

For the PtHA in the US, you just put the height on the registration application. I don't believe they have height for age requirements like they do in AMHA & AMHR, so I think as long as they are under 34' (for A) or 38" (for B) they are fine. If the mini "outgrows" their papers I assume they are just bumped up to the next category - B or pony. An equine can't be too tall for Pinto!!!!

Many people in this area get their minis registered at shows where a Sector Director can give them temporary papers. Of course, they are then measured if they are showing that day too - which is the usual case. Once they measure the same height for 3 years in a row they can get a permanent height card, but this really only applies to showing.

Latest posts

Back