Callie Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Update on Callie and the pups!

She had 7 pups! I gave her 1cc of oxytocin at 9:30pm Friday night and she popped out the 7th. I gave her another shot at 12:30am. She pushed a bit, but nothing was there and then she stopped. Saturday was uneventful; everyone seemed fine. I went in to feed everyone on Sunday and miss Callie was not feeling well at all: a temp. of 104.0 and not interested in eating and just miserable. She seemed to be straining a bit and pushing. Called the vet and she said she be in the clinic at 12:00pm. I cleaned her up and had breakfast. I went back out and there was a deformed, dead pup on the shavings. Took her to the vet and did a vaginal exam and palpated her. No more pups in there. Got a shot of Baytril and some very powerful antibiotics to take home. Within half a day her temp. was down and she was eating. Yay! Today she is back to her old self. The only sad thing today is that one pup died. She wasn't nursing properly; she was rooting upwards and wanting food, but not going to the right place and not sucking properly. We seem to be out of the woods now -firm KNOCK on wood-. So, we have 6 healthy pups and one happier mom. 3 girls and 3 boys. Pics soon!

Matt

Oh Matt, sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well, and that you lost one of the pups.....but soooo glad she's feeling better and the rest of the crew are doing well!!!
default_smile.png

Can't wait for pics!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

~kathryn

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Yay! I can now safely say that we have 6 gorgeous, healthy Bernese Mountain Dog pups!!!!!
default_wub.png
Callie is doing well and has tons of milk. Pups are content and are nursing vigorously when not sleeping
default_biggrin.png
Sweet sweet relief. Like I said, the first few days/week are always stressful and the stress is lifting to be replaced by joy and just contentment that my baby-girl's babies and she herself are fine. Phew! Promise I'll get pics on here tomorrow...THEY ARE TOO CUTE
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back