call from AOL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
Received a call today from someone claiming to be from AOL saying that my e mail account had been compromised.His English and pronunciation was soood bad i kept telling him I couldn't understand him and asked to speak to a supervisor with better English(2nd guy was almost as bad.)Asked him what country they were in and I couldn't understand that either.Obviously Middle Eastern which makes me very suspicious.Said he would call back later(GREAT just what I want to hear.)How can I tell if there really is a problem?

I don't know. The people who watch our bank transactions called me once asking if I had made an on line grocery co-op purchase. I could barely understand them. I kept telling her that my electric was a co-op. They canceled my card and I was freaking out. Went to the bank that Monday. Found out that someone had sent in a ten cent, then 20 cent then 278.00 for on- line groceries! They caught it! Then again I have had two phone calls saying I have won two and three million. I told them I would give them their walgreens card for 200.00 when they got here to sign papers with my attorney. I still have their breakfast and coffee waiting lol. And I am still not a millionaire!

If they do not address you by name that is your first clue.

I cannot imagine an online server contacting anyone by phone.

Block the call and forget about it. If you email was compromised, you'd be hearing from people in your address book by now.

Email will let you know by the sudden spam you get. They don't call you.

You should be regularly changing your passwords anyway.

Yahoo forces their users to change passwords every 1-2 months, holy pain in the rear! But Yahoo is always getting hacked, so there's good reason for it.

I write them all down now, could never keep up otherwise. =/

It's a scammer, had a foreigner call me saying they were from Microsoft, after listening to them for some time they finally got to the point and wanted me to buy an upgrade and my credit card number. Red flags everywhere. hung up on them. AOL once told me they don't call you.

thanks for all the info.they did call me by name, but I am suspicious due to all the scams going on now.

Latest posts

Back