California summer pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love_casper

Reaction score
WHOOO summer!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
And I'm loooooving it. So are the horses. We just installed misters back there, which they are in love with. So today Ghost and I went on one of our adventures, where we just leave the house and have no clue where we're going.

Today we ended up just wandering the local trails, but we got some pretty nice pictures! So Californian - palm trees and all. Figured it was a nice change from my typical back yard pics.

But first, here's the group just lazing around in the shade, Sugar and Ghost stillll standing under the misters.
default_rolleyes.gif

Ghostieadventures010.jpg

So here we are, just set off down the trail...

Ghostieadventures016.jpg

Ghostieadventures018new.jpg

Ghostieadventures021.jpg

SQUIRREL!

Ghostieadventures025.jpg

I liked these flowers behind her.

Ghost: "Mom, why are we stopping to have me stand in front of a different plant every five minutes?"

Ghostieadventures031.jpg

Yay palm trees!

Ghostieadventures036.jpg

This was right in front of a rental horse barn, see the horses up behind her are watching.

Ghostieadventures041.jpg

This one was particularly interested in the fact that I had a tiny horse with me.

Ghostieadventures042.jpg

I call this one "eating the scenery"

Ghostieadventures055.jpg

You can see the back of the disney building in this one.

Ghostieadventures057.jpg

*happy sigh* home sweet home.

Ghostieadventures063crop.jpg

here's a few of Charm hanging out by the pool.

Ghostieadventures070.jpg

Ghostieadventures071.jpg

We were gonna go grab a starbucks, but we were both prett exhausted by the time we got home. Anyways, I loved the trail and palm trees and city life. Doesn't get much more Hollywood.....well, except of course the Hollywood sign. Ahhhhh maybe next time.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Great pics! Beautiful. I was just talking to my mom about California (San Diego); I loooove it there! Isn't it always summer there? Lucky girl, you!

Hi Alex!
default_saludando.gif

I love those photos! Those misters seem like a great idea. With your part of the world experiencing summer right now, you'll never be able to move the horses away from the water!
default_smile.png

The big horses sure seem curious don't they! Lots of big horses have never seen a mini.

Charm! Boy o boy, he is growing up. He has a long mane too, just like Bailey. He is 'trimmer' than Bailey though! :DOH!

They all look great. Thanks for sharing.

xox Leonie xox

Great pics! I love California too, although I don't love how much it costs to live here
default_wacko.png

No, Matt... it's not ALWAYS summer here. It DOES rain like three times a year!!!
default_wink.png

Yes Shauna, it DOES cost a lot to live here but I've noticed our wages are a little higher than other parts of the country, so it works out for what you get. I don't think I'd live anywhere else.

Cute pictures! Looks like you had fun!

Andrea

No, Matt... it's not ALWAYS summer here. It DOES rain like three times a year!!!
default_wink.png

Yes Shauna, it DOES cost a lot to live here but I've noticed our wages are a little higher than other parts of the country, so it works out for what you get. I don't think I'd live anywhere else.

Cute pictures! Looks like you had fun!

Andrea
default_risa_suelos.gif

I love those pictures!!! They are a lot of fun to look at with the nice horses and cool scenary!!!
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Great pictures! Ghost is so pretty, I love her blue eyes. I was just going to post a few pics that I took on a walk with Kassie last night, but we don't have all the neat scenery and palm trees in New Hampshire.
default_wink.png

Oh lovely horse and I am SOOOOOOOOO Jealous of your location haha, up here in BC its....raining
default_sad.png
Sooo jealous and I love your horses!!!

great pics - I like them alot - reminds me of living in south FL

Love walking the minis - I don't have anywhere near the scenery but have learned to live with just about ever young child waving at me like I am in a parade

Also wanted to add a word of caution about watching what she eats out on the trail - some of the flowers look to be Oleander which is toxic
default_no.gif
bad stuff

pretty to look at

NICE!!! I sure am going to miss seeing you guys taking your walks through the neighborhood - I'll have to come visit you!!!!
default_yes.gif

Liz R.

Fantastic photos, looks like fun!

And Im with Kaite, living here in BC all were getting is rain
default_gaah.gif
:gaah Starting to show some signs of improvment though
default_wink.png

Katie and Paige the problem is you live in the WRONG area of BC lol. Here in the northern interior we have had much more sun than rain. In fact I have had to water my garden and lawn because it was too dry. It has been pretty darn cool tho and the mosquitoes
default_new_shocked.gif
......oh the horror!

Forgot to add, your walk looks like such fun! Thanks for letting us all do a little "California dreamin' "

Hahah no way I love the Okanagan!!!! hehe, I am actually living in the wrong province, i wanna be in Alberta but that will come eventually~
default_smile.png

I am moving to Armstrong so maybe it will be better? Still no Cali tho...lol

im soo jealous, yr on summer...arent you so special
default_rolleyes.gif
lol, both ghost and charm are lookin great, awesome idea with the misters, princess and sugar are lookin good to, awesome pix
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

default_biggrin.png
Thanks everybody!

Yup the weather here's pretty darn nice, as for cost of living.......well......that's one rather large downside seeing as how I just paid $27 for a bale of timothy.

default_smile.png

And yes Liz we gotta get together soon!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back