Bye-Bye Syd

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Bunnylady

Reaction score
It hurts.

Long story short, Syd is my friend's mini. She's been living with us for a bit more than a year, and was best buds with my mini mule, Betsy. Let's just say we'd all gotten rather attached.

Yesterday, out of the blue, my friend reclaimed her horse. For a number of reasons, I'm not happy about this, but what can I say? It's her horse, her decision.

We'll all get over it with time, of course. But in the meantime, Betsy is wearing a groove in the pasture, pacing. She's one lonesome little mule. So I guess I need to go on to my next "potato chip." First, I need to figure out what I'm looking for. I'd love to have a mini that I could learn to drive. Mare, or gelding? Horse, mule, or even a donkey, maybe? Already trained, or a youngster? Maybe more than one?
default_new_shocked.gif

I need to make up my mind before I start looking. With a few phone calls, I could likely have another animal out there tonight, if I were that desperate. If I just went looking to see what's available, there's no telling what kind of trouble I could get into! "This little mini NEEDS me," is how I wound up with Betsy in the first place!

Any input would be helpful. Betsy's a sociable little critter, willing to get along with anyone that understands that she's the boss! I want to be reasonably sure before I make a choice, good or bad, we tend to be a "forever home." I know that no animal will be quite the nut that Syd is, but I want a good "fit." Suggestions, anyone?

muffntuf

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your friend went home. How about checking in with Gini from CMHR???? If you are a foreever home - they have quite a few who would be wonderful, are most likely able to drive, etc.

sedeh

Reaction score
I'm sorry Betsy and you lost your friend.
default_no.gif
If you're not interested in breeding I would go for a gelding myself! Checking out what CMHR has available is a great idea.

Latest posts