Buying dry cat food

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Last Thursday I bought a big bag of Whiskas cat food, brought it into the house & left it sitting in the porch. Didn't think any more about it. This morning my mom pointed out that next time I buy cat food I should be sure to buy a bag that doesn't have a hole in it! When she noticed the Whiskas bag on Friday morning, there was a great big hole in the top of it.

The hole wasn't there when I bought it. Honest!! But I know how it got there (my mom did too, she was just joking!!))

George, our Maine Coon, figures it is his duty to open every bag of food that comes into this house. Cat food, dog food, he will even start ripping open sugar and flour bags if we aren't careful to put them away as soon as they're brought into the house. If he hears the rustling of the catfood bag, he comes running, because he knows it means a job for him. If he isn't around when the bag is brought in, he will surely find it as soon as he comes through the room--as was the case Thursday, as he was nowhere around when I came home. He's not even in the house much this time of year, but I guess he still comes in to check for new, unopened bags!

Here he is with his favorite job--opening a bag of Fancy Feast dry food. He rips it open enough so he can eat a bit of food, then he goes on his way. He KNOWS this is going to be good!!

GeorgeAtWork.JPG

We have a Maine Coon too......... They are such characters -- Love them!

They are smart cats for sure!!! Here is ours who looks a lot like yours, go figure! Ours is named Keeper. He's bigger than most of my dogs (but they are shih-tzu's).

Keeper%20--%2008122005%20--%202.jpg

Oh Jill, your kitty looks so clean & well groomed! My Georgie insists on being a barn cat (except in cold weather)--he likes being out around the ponies, and when you go to pet him he'll flop over upside down, doesn't matter if it happens to be on the edge of the manure pile or wherever. He tends to look a little grubby, and to smell a little like a barnyard. And when he comes in the house he likes to go & sleep on Mom's bed
default_biggrin.png
she's not always impressed!!

OH, you know I don't think Keeper's ever even SEEN a brush!!! For whatever reason, he just stays in good coat. And, he sleeps on our bed (so do most of the dogs). Good thing we have a big bed! Keeper is mostly H's cat. He adores Harvey (and vice versa)
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back