Butler Open Miniature Horse Show dates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wee Horse Farm

Reaction score
For those of you who want to mark your calendars, this year's Butler Open Miniature Horse Show will be held Monday, Aug. 7 at the Butler Farm Show Grounds, PA. This year we'll have AMHR Judge Roger Daulton of Ohio.

New this year, we'll have trophies for youth Supreme Halter Horse & youth Hi-Point Performance Horse. All youth competitor class winners get a trophy.

As always, adults can compete for trophies for Supreme Halter Horse and Hi-Point Performance Horse too, of course, in their own classes. Also, neck sashes are awarded too.

Besides all this NICE stuff, we believe we have NICE people too! Can't wait to see you again this year. And newbies- try us, you might like us! It's a fun show & we like to have fun.

In case you need to schedule things early, please note that it's Aug. 7. :aktion033: About May 1, we'll post the showbill and entry form on littleweehorses.com

:aktion033: :aktion033: Thanks for the info.

We have been going for the past 3 years. Just love this show
default_wub.png
: . Everyone is real nice, and we have alwas had a great time. There are a lot of classes and have some very nice horses that come.

Deb

The Butler Open Miniature Horse Show is a great time for all! We have went three years in a row and had a blast, it is a very well organized show and Pat King, the show announcer keeps the things moving along for us people that have to go to work the next morning. It takes quite a bit of organizing to keep things moving along without any glitches and the paperwork involved with a show is unreal and its all people donating their time to put this show together and they do a terrfic job ...keep up the great work Karen and everyone else that is involved with this event! :aktion033:

Don't forget our Westmoreland Fair Open Miniature Horse Show on August 20th (Sunday) at 10 am and lasts to about 5 pm. We give away around $1300.00 cash plus additional merchandise, door prizes, Rosette ribbons up to 5th place and Trophy's for Champions and Supreme Halter horse of the show. We have halter classes, youth classes, showmanship, various performance classes and some fun things to enter in like "Barrel Racing in a Cart"and "Egg & Spoon Driving" for everyone to have a fun day! Entries are $5.00 and no pre-registration is required. :saludando:

Just to clarify. Are these show open to unregistred minis? I know that 'open' shows in large breeds don't require papers but want to make sure that it is the same in the mini world.

The Butler show is open to all registered horses: AMHA. AMHR, WCMHR, GSMHR. (this is what was on last years show bill)

Sorry but I don't know about the other show.

Deb

Yep, Deb is right --- Our show is open to miniatures up to 38 inches in any registry. The do, however, have to be registered somewhere. We have a variety from all registries & that makes it fun because you know you're competing against any and all registries, not just one. If you win, you've beaten them all!

By the way, we have TONS of youth classes (20 I think!), just FYI. They are ALWAYS just $5 entry whether in advance or at post. Adult classes are just $5 in advance, but $7 at post.

I forgot to say, we have paybacks to four places! And rosette ribbons to 5. We have fun classes too, like egg & spoon and catalog race. I think we have near 80 classes this year. We also have things like produce of dam & get of sire.

I'm glad to hear you folks will be coming back this year. And, newbies, you're more than welcome! This is a fun show, but we get a real mix of levels. We get experienced show people/horses, but we also like to see ourselves as a way for folks to get into showing, maybe their first try at it. You've got to be sharp, but you don't have to pull out all the stops!
default_wink.png
:
default_yes.gif
: And you don't have to spend a mint.

Oh and yes, Pam, Patrick King is a great announcer & really keeps the show flowing.

The Westmoreland Miniature show is open to all horses under 38" including un-registered ones since there is alot of 4-H children in our area having un-registered horses.

Pamela

The Westmorland show sounds like great fun. :aktion033: But that is the weekend we have to have our horses in the barns at the Crawford County Fair. :no: Sorry we will not be able to make it to that show. I wish it did not fall on the same weekend.

Deb

The Butler Open Miniature Horse Show is a great time for all! We have went three years in a row and had a blast, it is a very well organized show and Pat King, the show announcer keeps the things moving along for us people that have to go to work the next morning. It takes quite a bit of organizing to keep things moving along without any glitches and the paperwork involved with a show is unreal and its all people donating their time to put this show together and they do a terrfic job ...keep up the great work Karen and everyone else that is involved with this event! :aktion033:

Don't forget our Westmoreland Fair Open Miniature Horse Show on August 20th (Sunday) at 10 am and lasts to about 5 pm. We give away around $1300.00 cash plus additional merchandise, door prizes, Rosette ribbons up to 5th place and Trophy's for Champions and Supreme Halter horse of the show. We have halter classes, youth classes, showmanship, various performance classes and some fun things to enter in like "Barrel Racing in a Cart"and "Egg & Spoon Driving" for everyone to have a fun day! Entries are $5.00 and no pre-registration is required. :saludando:

I'll be there. Can't wait to come. I had so much fun last year, I'm marking it on my calendar and also coming to the Butler show. :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back