Burger King TV ad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wee Mite Miniatures

Reaction score
I saw the ad for the first time tonight. Three mothers in a mini van, they are mad at the Burger King. They try to run him down with their car.

What is this teaching our children?

I thought the same thing. That commercial makes me feel very uncomfortable
default_new_shocked.gif

Wow, I must be part of the social ills of society because I thought both commercials were hilarious!
default_new_rofl.gif

I think we sometimes don't give children enough credit.
default_wink.png

Not sure... but did Paris Hilton wash the car with herself while wearing next to nothing before they started the chase?
default_wink.png

Wow, I must be part of the social ills of society because I thought both commercials were hilarious!
default_new_rofl.gif

I think we sometimes don't give children enough credit.
default_wink.png
Im with you it cracks me up. My 10 yr old can think it is funny however she is smart and surely would not think that is a viable option no different then her watching a cartoon where someone gets smacked on the head with a anvil and in the next frame is up and running...

although my new favorite is where they guy starts the strip tease in the security line at the airport i think it is a commerical for gum but cracks me up every time

Last edited:
I saw the advertisement just the other day.....I thought the same thing!! I sure didn't think it was appropriate

I have never cared for any of the Burger King ads of late......they seem in poor taste, to me, and the Burger King guy is rather disgusting.

"The King" is kinda creepy...by all means, run him over!
Ya that is what I think he always has creeped me out but the worst is when he is in that persons bed in the morning and on the baseball field

I haven't seen this commercial, you need to e-mail Burger King. I think it was last year that a camera commercial (Lady standing in the kitchen on the phone telling other person, while opening and closing drawers/cabinets, that "No I haven't seen your camera, Yes I'll be sure to call you if I find it".) Later it shows her using the camera all happy. I wrote them and told them that It's NOT Ok to lie or steal even if it was for their camera. Witin a few days the Promotion Manager called me and said that they really hadn't thought of it like that and the commercial was pulled. That's the only time I have ever written any company about anything. I felt better!
default_biggrin.png

I have to say that my grandsons who are 5 and 6 think he is STRANGE. My 3 yr old grandaughter points and says stranger danger...mmmmm. Burger King guy needs to take a HIKE into Sherwood forest and disappear along with whomever created him.
default_no.gif

I think the King is disgusting. He gives me the creeps. Hate all their commercials.

Speaking of bad commercials....My SIL is a lineman. My daughter and I were watching TV one evening and a commercial came on that showed a lineman being electrocuted. She and I just looked at each other....totally stunned. Then it was the "OMG did I see what I thought I did?". "Yep, I saw it too."

I immediately e-mailed the company and told them what I thought of it. Never saw the commercial again.

Sometimes ya just gotta wonder "what were they thinking?"!!

I don't like the Captain Morgan booze ads. Seems they think it's funny to promote guys lying to their girlfriends. A gal calls a guys cell phone to see if he's ok since he was too sick to go to a wedding with her. He's at the bar drinking with his friends. They make noise like a TV in the background to help back up the lie that he's home in bed. Then they all hike their leg to show they got the Captain in them, all proud how they can lie. I just think they can come up with something better than showing guys what fun it is to lie to sell their booze. And the one where the guys put on costumes to match the girls at a party. Scamming the girls.

Can't they do something cute with a pirate ship and rescuing damsels at sea instead? IMO that would better go with the Captain image.

I find the King creepy!

I can see a lot of valid points, especially where we're talking about impressionable youth, BUT, since when have commercials ever been a good place to learn lessons from?

A commercial has one purpose: to sell. To sell it needs to grab attention and be memorable. They need to focus on the demographic (the two examples used here-Burger King and Captain Morgan are focused mostly on younger adult males, 18-35).

So if using shock value or crude humor is what works...that's what's going on the air.

I try not to take ANY commercial too seriously. If it's funny, I laugh. If it's not, I change the channel.

But you knwo what? YOU guys are Talking about~! You remember The Commercials, They ARE getting they message accross cause so many have posted already about it
default_biggrin.png

This makes good what commercials are really doing. People Remember the NAME "BURGER KING"~!

Good or bad, the ads are Working, now aren't they?
default_rolleyes.gif

Agreed minifancier we are talking about it so it must be working lol

I still like Clara the "Where's the Beef" lady
default_aktion033.gif

but my all time favorite commercial is the Geico one with the squirrels causing the car accident and then clapping about it

dawn

Hi,

I haven't seen the new BK ads yet, but one of the first ones that I saw was where he was in bed with that guy. I thought it was pretty creepy. I think it's all in that silly grin on the face of the mask that really sets the feelings in gear.

My personal favorite was the one where he is running down the football field and gets to the touchdown line and does the face plant. I laughed everytime I saw it.
default_new_rofl.gif

"The King" is kinda creepy...by all means, run him over!

People Remember the NAME "BURGER KING"~!

Good or bad, the ads are Working, now aren't they?
default_rolleyes.gif

First of all, I am elated to see I am not the only one that is frightened by the "Burger King." I shudder every time he comes on. We should start a support group!

Second, I don't see how the ad is working if they're trying to sell food, and I am physically repulsed by their spokesman.
default_smileypuke.gif

That said, commercials in general have gotten pretty weird.
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back