Bulging eyes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 44366

Reaction score
I have an 8 year old, fine built pony mare. She came to us with founder issues - which we proudly, after much effort, and about 4 months, have seemingly handled. No sign of anything at all for over 9 months.

She has, and has had all along, sort of bulging eyes. She drives quite well, is very sweet and friendly, but any quick movement... she will flip her head to some degree. It seems like a "shock" to her. We try hard not to do any such movements, but sometimes, it happens. Any ideas on a "why", or something we can supplement her with that could help would be much appreciated.maggie head shot 2.jpg

anterior segment dysgenesis is another possibility

Thanks folks - Cushings could indeed be it - we had her on a natural formula for a while... perhaps I should put her

back on. I will also research the "anterior segment dysgenesis" info.. have to find out what that is.

Humans who have thyroid issues can have bulging eyes. Perhaps the same holds for horses?

Back