BuckWheat's latest lesson

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivin*me*buggy

Reaction score
I thought I would take a minute this AM to share some pix that by budding photographer daughter took of Buck's last lesson.

He was so eager to work-if he was a puppy he would have been wagging his tail lol
default_wink.png

He was so calm and relaxed as we worked. He was trotting much straighter lines and circles and perfomed nice prompt whoas. Even threw in a nice rein back at the end.

Can you tell I love this little guy?

His plump little tum pushes his girth forward a bit more than I'd like be between the ground work and Hip Hop Abs he does in his stall in the AM-we are working on tightening that up.
default_rolleyes.gif

His camptown harness is working out beautifully to start him in. So without further ado....

325738518.jpg

325737050.jpg

He sometime reminds me of a little haflinger lol Sometimes we have little meetings lol-my secret is the kiss on the nose...

325737056.jpg

325737044.jpg

I use a check now to keep him from snacking-he is food crazy lol-it is quite loose and w/ time we will probable phase it out

325737037.jpg

325738535.jpg

325737041.jpg

And all done!!!

325737798.jpg

Thanks for looking

Angie

What a beautiful boy!! I love his mane and forelock--so wild and manly--he looks like a summer beach bum--the kind the girls go mad over.
default_biggrin.png

The first three photos are my favorites.
default_yes.gif

I love your puppy comparison.
default_wub.png

nice horse

i love watching progress

i love the lines you're working him with

where did you buy those?

Thanks Karla
default_smile.png
He's a bum alright lol

Keeley, I have been watching/studying the Clay Maier long lining dvds. In those dvd's he uses 28 foot lines made of yacht braid rope...they are $79, very nice I am sure.

These I found in the marine section of an outdoor store (Gander Mtn, Cabelas). They are dock line that is 15 feet line long, very nice weight to them, not slippery, they are not the shiny slippery rope, they are tan and white-cost $8 per line...so for about $16 I got similar lines in the length I wanted. They roll off his hip nicely and do not tangle easily. They come with a loop at the end. We had some old wrap straps from an old harness and so added them so i could buckle the reins to the bit. Then we used nylon twine to lash the loop smaller- make sense?
default_wacko.png

My daughter has the same ones, but she didn't want the leather buckles she just loops them through.

They are great for ground work. I have the nice reins that I bought w/ my Camptown harness-but prefer these for the early work-for one to keep the Camptown reins nice lol, and also because the nice weight to these tends to make him keep contact.

Hope that helps.

Angie

It does seem that he absolutely loves his new job! I had a gelding that LOVED to drive, especially at shows.

Pictures are great and I hope you keep posting them.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back