Brought Home a New Mare Yesterday (pics)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Some of you know we have been doing some re-arranging with our horses at Whinny For Me Farm. Our goals within minis has been evolving the past couple years and we have had to part with some we loved to make room for ones we'll love and also "use".[/SIZE]

One of the things we did was to trade our A division leopard appy gelding, Appy Hollow Jack of Diamonds, for a bay leopard B division mare, Little Wee Klassic Showgirl ("Klassy"). We did this trade with Rhapsody Rhodes (Appy Hollow Farm, Bassett, VA) who is Jack's breeder so he went back to his original two legged mom yesterday
default_smile.png
And we brought this gorgeous girl home!

Klassy is my 3rd attempt at having a leopard mini to drive. Spirit just didn't learn how to drive though she was in training for an eon and Spirit has gone on now to a great home in New York. Jack is great, but I had actually been aiming for a B driving prospect when I bought him and he just stayed A size (which is great, but not what I had in mind). Plus, a mare can also get on the date cards of Destiny and DunIT down the road if that seems like a good idea, but a gelding can't spend that kinda time with "the boys".

We all say this but these pictures truly do not do Klassy any justice. The weather is really nasty today and she is still a little nervous in her new home (not crazy, but didn't want to hold still very well). She is also only two. She hopped right up in the trailer yesterday and road home real quiet. She's very sweet but my other little ladies are making it their business to give her to cold shoulder. Mares can be such little... ... witches. But, in a week or so I am sure they will be grooming her and letting her hang out with them.

Thanks for looking and I do really appreciate Rhapsody working with me on this trading and bartering. She's also going to be training Klassy and Sunny (Tibbs Sundowner HOF, 9x Nat'l Champion / Res. Nat'l Champion) to drive this fall!

Thanks for looking at my new mare!

[SIZE=36pt]Little Wee Klassic Showgirl[/SIZE]
Klassy%20--%2007232006%20--%20062.jpg

Klassy%20--%2007232006%20--%20051.jpg

Klassy%20--%2007232006%20--%20127.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS JILL! :aktion033: She is very pretty! New horses are always fun.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh My, what a beautiful lady .. :aktion033: :aktion033: She certainly looks ready to drive . Good Luck with her and I hope she completes all your wishes.

Jill, Congratulations...she is one PRETTY mare!!!

Will be so fun to see her little ones in the future...
default_yes.gif
:

What a pretty girl! Her head and long legs make her look like a big horse! She looks like the perfect date for my boy (avatar) except for the fact that he's a gelding (shhhhh)! How tall is she?

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png

What a pretty girl! Her head and long legs make her look like a big horse! She looks like the perfect date for my boy (avatar) except for the fact that he's a gelding (shhhhh)! How tall is she?
She's "up there" and will be a large B when she is all done. But, that's okay. The bigger she is, the longer she can pull me and H around in the cart :bgrin

Oh Jill, I really liked Jack, but I LOVE Klassy. What a looker. Wow. Wow. I just can't say it enough. Wow. Lucky you. Congrats.

Oh YAY!!! Jill I am SO glad you have Klassy! I just adore her and think she has SO much potential and she is so sweet too!!! I had REALLLYYYYYY thought about Klassy to go with my big leopard boy to drive as a team but am cutting back my five to two or three as it is and just couldn't make a commitment to another. I just love this mare! Congratulations to you AND to her!!!

-Amy

We're glad to hear you chose her - because she's got the driving background to give you that driving horse you want. She is the very first foal our stallion Little Wee Bandito's Magical Merlin threw. Klassy's mom is Brame's Snicker's & here's a little about her background:

Bay leopard appaloosa, daughter of 1999 National Driving Champion Top Ten, C-Chief Proud Eagle, who has many regional driving and performance championships. Granddaughter of Komoko's Blue Eagle and great-granddaughter of Komoko's Leopard Eagle.

Klassy has five generations of appaloosa (almost all leopard) on both top & bottom, so I hope you want appy babies down the road! It's always a surprise when we see one of our babies somewhere............We wish you many happy years with her & do so hope she fulfills the dream. Glad you've found each other.

Here she is the day she was born, along with her mom, Snickers:

f755754e.jpg

And here's her dad, Merlin:

merlinshow2004.jpg

Have fun with her.......if you want more pix of parents, please go to our website or I can possibly email you some.
default_yes.gif
: -- Karen (Oh yeah, that's Merlin in our avatar too. It's nice to see she got his beautiful head too.)

Last edited by a moderator:
She's so pretty Jill! I bet you are just smiling from ear to ear.

Congratulations on a beautiful mare, she will make one very flashy

driving mare, Color and halter mare. How exciting, wishing you the

best with her.

Vicky

Wow, girl, she's beautiful!

Congratulations and best of luck on your new goals, and I understand all that "evolving" thing very well, myself. Being as I have limited room, most of mine have to fit into my breeding program, which is small, I will admit, and also be showable in some way or other, also the fact that I have two kids under 5 plays into the overall picture at which point they are older I may change my goals yet again!

Enjoy your girl and I am looking forward to hearing of and watching your and her progress as well. I always enjoy your posts though I don't respond to every one, I make sure to read them as I admire you and your points of view.
default_smile.png

Liz

Back