Broodmare has hives!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaturehorselover

Reaction score
So my mini mare who I only had for 2 months now has bad hives....every morning her nose swells bumps everywhere and her utter gets super puffy. I don't know what to do any thoughts? Thanks

Ask your vet. They may be able to prescribe hydroxyzine or something to make her more comfortable. Poor thing. If you can figure out what is causing the allergic reaction, that would be helpful too.

I've had two mares with hives, both time I had to get the vet diagnose just as Disney horse suggested. First one was from too much fly spray and not washing it off, my fault, Second one was from alergies and had to treat with meds from vet. This is hard to figure out on your own, so many things that could be, inhaled alergies, contact alergies, or vectors.

My gelding had hive issues this spring. My vet once told me a story of a client whose mare was allergic to her bedding. The shavings company changed suppliers and it made a difference.

Latest posts

Back