Bridgy's First Show...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
Hi there,

Whewboy! What a weekend! Yesterday, was Bridgy's very first time in a show, and she did well! We are so proud of our baby girl! She was at the Okeechobee, FL show, being shown for us by Roger & Dale of Showtime Training Center, under 3 Judges. Yesterday, was her AMHR Classes. Roger took her in for her very first "Show Debut" in Halter - Sr. Mare 30" & Under, where she placed unanimously by all 3 judges as 3rd Place (out of a class of 4). She was so very nervous, highly alert to every sound and movement in the arena all around her. Roger tried to help her settle where he could set her up for the judges, but she was just too nervous to pay attention. She did try though, and he was able to finally get her to stand square and up....only, it was after the judges had already made their choices, LOL. Oh well, we think she did great for her very first time EVER in a show ring. :)

Her second class, she did much better. Roger took are again, in the Multi-Color Mare "A-34" & Under". Under 3 judges, she placed one 1st Place, one 2nd Place, and one 3rd Place, (out of a class of 4). Yayyy!!! :)

Her last class, was a DOOZY!!! With over 20 entries in this class, she went in for her turn third from last. She sure tried her honest to goodness hardest though. She was still very nervous, unsure of what to expect, all the sounds, the music, people and horses everywhere, yet she sure was a sight of pure beauty out there....at least to "me" she was, LOL! Sadly, she did not place in this class, but she was a WINNER in my heart anyways!

Then it was super late in the day. We got up at 3am yesterday, and left by 4am. After her last class was over, it was so late, that we didn't have it in us to stay to see all the rest of the classes still yet to show. So we came on home, arriving at home at nearly 2am. Whewdoggie, we were sure some awful "tard" puppies, LOL!

We also had a guest with us for the week, visiting from Scotland. (He speaks English, yet I can't understand hardly a word he speaks, ROFL!)
default_biggrin.png
Anyways, hubby had plans already for today, so regretably, we were not able see Bridget's debut among the "AMHA" circuit, as her AMHA classes were held today. Our trainers said they will call me with her results sometime tomorrow, as their cell phones didn't work out there, and won't be able to call me until after they return home and have time to rest up. So, we are looking forward to their call with her AMHA Results later, as they are able. They worked so incredibly hard, not just with their client's horses, but also with several children and their families who were showing there as well. We would like to express our deepest gratitude to Roger & Dale of Showtime Training Center. THANK YOU GUYS! You both are AWESOME!

Here is a video montage of photos and video footage of our Bridgy's very first time showing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B229YjWGvhU

THANK YOU again to Dale & Roger! You helped our Bridgy to shine at her best, we are so proud of her! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

default_saludando.gif
Thank you to you all to, for letting me share and shout m'joy!
default_wub.png

Warmest appreciations,

Tanya

She certainly is pretty! I am glad she did so well for her first show.

Wow Tanya, Congrats on her winnings!! And very good job on her video, it looks great. I have to say she is looking beautiful and u got very nice photos and video of her. They sure have her looking great.
default_yes.gif

Thanks so much Jayne and Jen!
default_wub.png
I just spoke with Roger about her AMHA Class yesterday.

In Halter - Sr. Mare, 28" & Under, she took 1st Place under all 3 judges.
default_aktion033.gif

But, she was the only one in her class for that, LOL.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks so much Sara.
default_wub.png

Hello,

A couple folks have asked me if I could post photos for any who may not have been able to view the video.

Here they are...
default_wub.png

Bridget5-17-08a.jpg

Bridget5-17-08b.jpg

Bridget5-17-08k.jpg

Bridget5-17-08h.jpg

Bridget5-17-08f.jpg

Bridget5-17-08i.jpg

Bridget5-17-08l.jpg

Her final tally of her "Very First Show" was:

AMHR:

Halter - (Sr. Mare, 30" & Under): 3 - 3rd Place

Halter - (Multi-Color Mare "A"): 1 - 1st Place, 1 - 2nd Place, 1 - 3rd Place

AMHA:

Halter - (Sr. Mare, 28" & Under): 3 - 1st Place

Thank you again for everyone's kind comments, and all your encouragement just to "try".
default_wub.png
We had so much fun, and can hardly wait to "Try Again" soon!
default_yes.gif

Warmest appreciations,

Tanya & Bridgy
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back