Brewer's yeast

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suz

Reaction score
I'm thinking of starting my guy on brewer's yeast to try and get rid of his "pot belly" since I've read posts that this can work. Can I use "human" grade or do i need to get the kind specifically marketed for horses? Also how much should I feed? He's around 220 lbs. ( p.s. He also gets round pen exercising and jumping, but still has a more rounder belly than what I would like).

Thanks!

Suz and Mocko

I have never seen the 'human kind' but brewer's yeast is just that and not the same as bread making yeast. If it says brewer's yeast it should be the same thing as the horse one. I had great success with using it for getting my horses digestion working better. Now I use a pelleted feed that contains brewer's yeast as one of the ingredients so I no longer add it myself.

Hi Suz

Hi Mocko....did I see your cute little trailor leaving Dr. VanRoekle last week? Hope all is well

Hi Heidi - Hi all your little guys and gals! Nope - wasn't my cute little trailer - Thank God! All is well with us - how about you?

Back