breeding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painthorselover

Reaction score
Hey,

i am a lil new to breeding but my nana has had a few years of expeirence! well i was just wondering how many months does a mare have to be before you can tell when she is preganant?< i am hoping she is prego becuz she hasnt came in heat yet!!!.

Hey,i am a lil new to breeding but my nana has had a few years of expeirence! well i was just wondering how many months does a mare have to be before you can tell when she is preganant?< i am hoping she is prego becuz she hasnt came in heat yet!!!.
Depends on the method you use. Vets can ultrasound after two weeks. As far as "seeing" well you can START to GUESS at 5 months (I can generally tell they're likely pregnant after 3 months SOMETIMES but after 5 is easier). Some you can't tell until later. And some look pregnant when they're not... I have one, I took her to the vet yesterday and the first thing my vet said was, "well, she sure LOOKS pregnant!" and she's NOT ;) So it's best not to go off of looks. A vet's ultrasound is the best bet. You can also use WeeFoal after four months.

Jessi

yeah! when ever the farrier comes out we are gonna call the vet and have an ultra sound and have her coggins done again and get her registered again!<so much to do in so little time!>LOL

Did I see on the Sale board that you are offering mare care for horses that are bred to Joker? It sounds like you really want a little baby....so I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully your Aunt will be able to help/assist with things.

Maybe you can ask your mares previous owner any ???s regarding how long your mare carried in the past, assisted or unassisted, when she started to show signs ....things like that. Some day I would like to have the courage to breed ( or the horses for that matter ) but Im too much of a worry wart and would be so afraid that something would go wrong and well...I get upset just thinking of it!!! Guess I will just stick to looking every ones foals through my computer!! Good luck!!

Did I see on the Sale board that you are offering mare care for horses that are bred to Joker? It sounds like you really want a little baby....so I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully your Aunt will be able to help/assist with things.Maybe you can ask your mares previous owner any ???s regarding how long your mare carried in the past, assisted or unassisted, when she started to show signs ....things like that. Some day I would like to have the courage to breed ( or the horses for that matter ) but Im too much of a worry wart and would be so afraid that something would go wrong and well...I get upset just thinking of it!!! Guess I will just stick to looking every ones foals through my computer!! Good luck!!
yeahs i am offering mare care! and thanx for everything evrryone has helped me with!

Latest posts

Back