Breeding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer spring, but now living in Texas we may breed later this month for August/Sept foals. We have to be careful when they are due, as we go to BreyerFest every year and don't want one due then!

I hand breed- that way I have EXACT dates and can start watching mares at Day 300 and KNOW it's Day 300!
aktion033.gif

Lucy

Well, everyone brought up good points, so,

#1 I absolutely want to know when the foal is due.

#2We are in Texas and don't have any cool, let alone cold weather until somewhere around the end of Oct.

#3 My stallion and mare are virgins
blush.gif

#4 They are both ready to go, just not sure if I am.

Ohhhhhh, what to do, what to do
giveup.gif

I have my old gal in Va right now having her colt weaned off and spending some time with a very nice older man. I'm hoping for a pretty b/w baby for next year. It would be born late August or so but that's ok.

I normally breed in late spring but I got involved in breeding a pair of mares I sold and didn't get but one of my mares bred so I am getting ready to start again..One of my best foals ever was born in September and I loved it..very easy.

Good Luck

I normally breed in late spring but I got involved in breeding a pair of mares I sold and didn't get but one of my mares bred so I am getting ready to start again..One of my best foals ever was born in September and I loved it..very easy.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Back