Breeders Close to Anchorage, AK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommaF8

Reaction score
Y'all know by now we're headed to AK in Jan. I'm REALLY excited except for one thing...I'm worried about finding other mini enthusiasts once we get up there. AND reputible breeders as well, because I want to breed my 5 yo mare & start my own little "herd!"

Can anyone tell me if they know of anyone in AK or Canada close TO AK?

I appreciate any & all input!

Take care & God bless!
default_saludando.gif

There are Minis at Fort Nelson British Columbia but that's up in the northeast corner of BC and still not real close to Anchorage.

THANK you so much for writing! I just need to know that there is SOMEONE even remotely near. If I have to make DH drive, (((I haven't driven in 26 years!))) well, that's just fine with me!
default_wink.png

I wish I could breed my 5 yo now, but there's just not enough time...we're getting ready to move, AND visit kids before leaving, AND getting the house on base ready for when we move AND....the list goes on & on!

I guess if / when we get up there, I'll have to do my homework!

Thanks again for taking the time to write, I appreciate it!!!

Have you checked the breeders lists for both registries? Might find something in one or the other... When we were in Alaska several years ago, I saw very few horses of any size, aside from some of the carriage ponies in tourist areas.

Jan

There was a breeder in mini breeder in Fairbanks, a number of years ago but I no longer have the info, sorry.

Know of an Icelandic horse breeder up there,,think there is a Fjord breeder too.

This is when an Online pedigree/info search for mini's would be great. Both the Icelandic's and Fjords have that with no cost to the looker and it is wonderful to have.

Let me ask around...to see what I can find.

Good luck in your search.

here is 1 link I found in Alaska

but their sale page says 2003 so not sure if they are still there

North Star Farm

Here is an ad for someone selling a stallion in Alaska

maybe they can help you with connections

classified page

edited to say Shari we found the same 2 at the same time

Last edited by a moderator:
here is 1 link I found in Alaskabut their sale page says 2003 so not sure if they are still there

North Star Farm

Here is an ad for someone selling a stallion in Alaska

maybe they can help you with connections

classified page
We had the pleasure of meeting Alton and Renee when we were in Fairbanks in 2002. Actually got to see Hemlock Brooks Silver Elegance and a few of their others. What a herd they had. From what I've heard they no longer have the mini's. They are certainly knowledgeable people and wonderful to talk to.

I do know at the Alaska State Fair which is due to start this Friday has a group showing their mini's in the livestock section. Talked to them a year ago when we were in Anchorage. I believe there is now a club in Palmer. I'll ask my kids to check as they work the fair every year and possibly they can get you a phone #.

Oh my goodness, y'all ROCK! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I don't know how to repay you all for your time! I will be doing plenty of research tomorrow per y'alls suggestions!

I'll let you know what I find out!

Latest posts

Back