Brand new member of my herd!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kubilee

Reaction score
Hi folks, my husband has been getting so attached to my minis, and he had decided he wanted one of his own. A good friend of mine had just adopted this little lady and she needed a good home so she contacted me. She hadn't had much, if any, hands on and her coat had rain rot on it, which is clearing up, but she had to be clipped in that area. But she is such a sweet little thing. She has so much desire to be with a herd that she's willing to take a beating to get there. I put her on a lead outside the fence where they are so she is close enough but has a barrier of protection for now. She is so tiny, but you'd think she was as big as the others. She is 9 months old and probably about a third the size of Tori, who she is almost the spitting image of as you will see in a minute. She's spunky and not intimidated by anything at all.

Peebie has taken to her which is such a huge sigh of relief for me, as Peebie hasn't been able to bond much with others in the herd. But I am creating a buddy system with these two, since they are so little and younger than the others, I wanted to bond them and they are doing so well.

Her name, you wonder? Yes we have some pretty strange names here. This one is quite funny. Scrunch looks the spitting image of Tori, who is clearly the boss in this little herd and she takes no garbage from anyone. Scrunch was near the fence and Tori came charging at her, thinking it was going to really scare her, I stood a little closer to her to make sure she didn't just bolt and clothesline herself. What does Scrunch do? She planted her feet and charged right back at her, I nearly died laughing. It looked like some crazy clown show or something. Here is Scrunch ( a scrunched down version of Tori) and they went charging at one another, with Scrunch being about 1/3 the size of Tori. But they both look almost identical in appearance and in the face, and seem to have very much a similar personality.

She's backing down from Tori a bit now, but she isn't scared of her, that's for sure. lol

Meet Scrunch... she is such a light in our herd and so funny to watch. And she LOVES hugs more than any of them.

Her papers say she is Black, but her mom was a blue roan and her dad was a black appaloosa, so who knows what she's going to be.
default_smile.png

Scrunch with the family she's been so desperately wanting. Barrier in place of course, for now.

herd.jpg

Scrunch in the sun, isn't she so pretty?

scrunch-2.jpg

Scrunch with her new human friend, and my husband with an animal he said up to a yr ago he'd never own, he was terrified of them til now.

scrunchjimmie.jpg

Scrunch showing off her new family. I'll let you figure out who is her Boss and where she got that name. lol

scrunchfamily.jpg

She needed love and we have well more than enough to go around.
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your new little girl! Looking at her, I bet she sheds / clips off blue roan
default_yes.gif
Looks like she has a lighter undercoat
default_wub.png

Congratulations on your new little girl! Looking at her, I bet she sheds / clips off blue roan
default_yes.gif
Looks like she has a lighter undercoat
default_wub.png

I agree! She has a lighter under coat! It will be like a x mas present all over again when ya clip her to reveal her true color!

CONGRATS! And thats great ya took her in!

I agree! She has a lighter under coat! It will be like a x mas present all over again when ya clip her to reveal her true color!

CONGRATS! And thats great ya took her in!
I told him what you said and he said he didn't care, she could be purple with a rainbow mane and he'd love her anyway.... rotfl

I keep losing him and finding him out there with her... he's hooked. My life could well get very complicated now. lol He doesn't do anything half way, she'll have a heated stall with air conditioning and a tv before too long. lmao

Awww she's very cute - and very lucky as well coz she has found herself such a brilliant home.
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Very cute! It will be interesting to see what che shds out to look like in the spring.

Dan.

Very cute! It will be interesting to see what che shds out to look like in the spring.

Dan.
We are anxious as well... we played this same game with Peebie last year, so here we go again. lol

Awww, your story brought a smile to my face. Congrats on your new little addition.
default_laugh.png
default_smile.png

Blue roan for sure.
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations, the spunky ones are always the most fun.

Have fun with her.
default_yes.gif

She's a lucky girl to have found you (I mean your husband).

It's funny but none of my ponies have ever been mean to a new weanling being introduced to the herd. Baby mouths ''don't hurt me I'm only a baby" and they all say ''OK squirt'' and that's it.

Your little family look adorable.

Latest posts

Back