Bradford Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimini

Reaction score
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I am glad to report that I was able to speak to Mrs. Bradford for a few moments this morning and confirm that the horses have been moved. They are at a ranch in Alabama and I am working with the ranch owners to make sure that the horses have everything they need. Several of them will need extensive veterinary care. Mrs. Bradford could barely stop crying on the phone and would like me to tell each of you how much she "truly appreciates everything you have done." I asked if they needed anything (they are living on their front porch because the house is not liveable) and the only thing she asked for were clothes bins to keep clothes dry and a clothesline to dry out family pictures she was finding. The neighbor who got them feed is going back today and I will try to get these items in with him. Mrs. Bradford says that they lost 5 horses to the Hurricane and had 10 remaining. I will give you all a welfare update as soon as possible.

~ Alison

Alison i have such a deep respect for you and others who plugged away until somthing got done!

I am so glad to hear that while they are going to be a while till back on there feet that they are alive and well and will make it thru

OH my! Such happy and sad news all at the same time.

I am glad the Bradfords are safe although uncomfortable and so very sad to hear about the loss of their five horses. How horrible for them, all the way around.

Beth

Great work Alison. You are truly an asset to AMHA and all of us in general.

Just keep letting us know what you need. And as I said before, we have some space for horses and/or people.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Alison, what a great effort on your part and others also. Out of all this tragedy, it's wonderful to see so many caring people getting involved with helping the displaced families and their animals. Thank you!

You are great Allison.

A lot of people would have dropped the ball on this one, but not you. You followed through and are truly a hero. I know that there are many others working behind the scenes with you that are also heros as well and please let them know how much they are appreicated. Bless you all for coming through for the Bradfords. I wish their horses a full and speedy recovery and hope they can be reunited with them before too long.

That is really the best news we could hear. Alison, you have my respect and admiration.

Ginny StP.

That's wonderful news and surely it will only get better! Thank you, Allison for all the work you've done to coordinate this massive effort and to all who have supported and helped those in dire need.

Thank you so much for the update, and for all that you have done...this is the best news!!!

Liz R.

Thank you Alison.

And please send my thanks to the neighbor and all who have helped.

I have been so glad to read this update.

I'm so sorry for their losses, glad they have salvaged some. I thank everyone involved for this wonderful outpouring of assistance and care.

Liz M.

Kudos to you and to AMHA for jumping in to help where it is needed so much.

Jan

Thank you all for the very nice words, but I have to give a BUNCH of credit to my new friends at Chance's Mini Horse Rescue. Wouldn't have been able to do it without them and many, many other Good Samaritans - and all of you are on that list. This forum is obviously a very powerful resource and I really appreciate that! I hope that we can have enough volunteers to get a booth set up at the World Show to help continue to raise funds. To everyone who has been a HUGE help in this - THANK YOU!! I am still getting phone calls from people offering to help and it is heartwarming to know how much this specific story touched America. Our website hits tripled in the last five days, so a lot more people out there are now familiar with the American Miniature Horse and how many owners love them! I have even had people who do not own a miniature horse say that they are going to become members of CMHR and AMHA JUST because of this one story. What a great opportunity to introduce America to our wonderful breed!

Alison...you are truly an Angel.
wub.gif
Your perserverance & determination in seeing this thru to the end, was really the driving force behind this rescue.
yes.gif

Yes....many others were involved, but it takes someone like you to "step up to the plate" & get everyone moving in the right direction.

I am very pleased to see we have such admirable people (as yourself) in our AMHA office!
yes.gif

But, I'm really saddened to hear that the Bradfords are living on their porch.
sad.gif
Are their children still there too? Would they not leave? I would hope that relatives or friends would take them in until they could get their house "livable" again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allison that is the most wonderful news about the Bradford's remaining minis...Hopefully things will only get better for the Bradford family..I can only imagine the horror and sadness that they have experienced..You should be so proud of all your effort and the effort of everyone involved in this rescue..Congratulations and God Bless you All...

Wonderful news! I too am very pleased to see we have such admirable people (as yourself) in our AMHA office! You are a very special lady thank you.
aktion033.gif

The Bradford's kids are in Alabama as well - they are at an aunt's house. Thankfully they are only 30 minutes from the horses and were able to spend several hours with them on Sunday. I talked to the lady housing the minis and she told me she doesn't want a cent that we have raised - it was the least she could do she says and feels honored. She is hoping we will give whatever money we would have given her to the Bradford Family to rebuild. I was sad to hear the Bradford's were living on their porch as well, but they are wanting to stay for a couple reasons. First, they are in the medical profession and are wanting to help - he is a doctor and she is a nurse. Second, I believe that they feel like if they leave their house they run the risk of losing absolutely everything. At this point, they are able to recover some personal belongings - like the pictures she told me about. I have saved all of the posts and emails from people that I received and hope to put them all together for the Bradford's. I think they will be happily reminded that there truly are good people in this country. Thanks again!

aktion033.gif
I was away all day yesterday so this was sure a WONDERFUL message to find here today!! CONGRATULATIONS to all involved, on a job WELL DONE!! I only wish all the stories could have such happy endings...sadly, they won't.
no.gif

Wow, such good news that the horses and kids are out and safe! Kudos to Alison, CMHR, and all the forum members that pulled together on this! I will be keeping the Bradfords in my prayers, though, as they rebuild their lives...

Kari

Latest posts

Back