Bot Eggs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candice

Reaction score
After 25 plus years with horses I still have not found an easy efficient way to get rid of them and I found our first arrivals tonight.

I'd be very careful using your fingers though and clean up after any handling of bot eggs. People can get bots the eyes ect after handling bot eggs.

Wisk them off with rough sand paper (surface hairs gently, the paper snags off the eggs)

I charge up the Oster and zip them off. Leaves the winter fur a little uneven, but I think that's better than having bots. My sister whisks them off with her hoof knife. I hate bots.

I've used sand paper too. Quick and easy!

Viki

Thankyou everyone. I think I'll try the sandpaper today. The bot knife has been making everyone, including me a bit crabby.

Yep course sandpaper all we've ever used when needed...bought the knife the stone and always the sandpaper did it the best fastest and for sure the cheapest...
default_biggrin.png

Never heard of sandpaper but I will give it a try, sounds like a good tip. I always used a razor in the past and just shaved them off.

Isn't this the biggest pain?

My horses are loaded! As fast as I remove them, they are right back. :arg! :arg! :arg!

I use it all, sandpaper, bot block, clippers and a bot knife. They just keep on coming. grrrrrr

What has worked well for me is an old serrated steak knife. I have tried the blocks and it is a pain. Clippers are good also.

Latest posts

Back