Boones Little Buckeroo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see the consistency and amazing horses this little buckskin has produced.

I have lots of Buckeroo in my herd - 2 grandsons, 2 greatgrandsons that are sons of one of Buckeroo's finest, Double Destiny, a granddaughter, and a great grandson and a great granddaughter. Several are in my avatar. The palomino is also a Patton grandson.

I had the honor to see Buckeroo twice at the Heritage sale, and the first time I was shaking as I stood outside his stall, and was astounded when John Eberth invited me INTO BUCKEROO'S STALL to meet the stud in person. I also have photos with Buckeroo in the famous creek!! Wet shoes?? Who cares!!

Buckeroo I LOVE YOU!!!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
[SIZE=12pt]I was invited to go into Orion's paddock when we met him. Giving him scratches & kisses is a memory I'll always treasure and yes, he was beautiful
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

[attachmentid=158]

heres a picture of a filly out of my Bay Pinto daughter of Buckeroo, Little Kings Buckeroo Taboo. Taboo has been such a good producer! I love my Buckeroo horses. I would post some photos of my Buckeroo daughters, but they arent on a website, and they have to be before you can post them on here. We are working on a new website, so maybe soon I can get them up soon.

Also-dont forget the Heritage Sale is this coming week-end! this week-end is all about BUCKEROO! make sure you come to this last Heritage Sale!

Abrias_Signature_Deva.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Buckeroo grandson he's EJH Bucks Spotlight, by Little Kings Robobuck and out of Mini Worlds Sparklette. I've admired the line since I got into minis and I always wanted a Buckeroo horse and got him in Dec. Like another poster said, they have a certain look about them.

Leslie

Erica,
VERY nice!! Who is the bay Big City son in the National Champ. pic? To DIE for!!
That's my (gasp) GELDING
default_biggrin.png

Erica's Big City Gambling Man

This is my 8 year old black stallion. He is supposed to be a show winner but I do not know how to look up his record. He has nice Bloodlines. This is the calmest little stallion I've been around he is calm and east to handle around mares and drives with cart great. Any info on his Bloodlines would be appreciated. I've owned horses for 20 years this is my first show Mini.

Attachments

• 00D0D_1ofYwQRMkY8_1200x900.jpg
    00D0D_1ofYwQRMkY8_1200x900.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 11
This is my 8 year old black stallion. He is supposed to be a show winner but I do not know how to look up his record. He has nice Bloodlines. This is the calmest little stallion I've been around he is calm and east to handle around mares and drives with cart great. Any info on his Bloodlines would be appreciated. I've owned horses for 20 years this is my first show Mini.
Only way I know is to have access to Studbooks with the registry, which is a paid access deal. However, if you are lucky, perhaps someone on the group with studbook access will look it up for you. If you haven't tried it, perhaps you can try googling his name and see what it comes up with; even previous owners may get you some results.

My grandson of Boons Little Buckaroo and Roan Ranger! can't wait to show him next year in driving class here local!

Attachments

• IMG_20191015_114904302.jpg
    IMG_20191015_114904302.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 5
Here is a great article on Buckeroo in a past issue of the Miniature Horse World.
http://www.amha.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/boonesbuckeroo_junejuly2010.pdf

If Dreams Were For Sale, What Would You Buy?

By Robin Mingione

It has taken me thirty-two years to understand what the Miniature Horse has done for me and my family. Looking back to the earliest of my memories they have always been a part of my life. The Miniature horse has taught me something I do not think I could have gained in any other industry in the world....loyalty. I have met many professionals in a variety of fields that become addicts in their own offices inside some huge concrete building in the middle of a chaotic city. Many of these people claim they are loyal to their jobs and their employers and their careers, but it is a different kind of loyalty from what I know. There is a difference between loyalty and dedication to a job and the loyalty and pas- sion that drives you to get up in the morning to go to the barn. It is a commitment that only a true horse person can relate to and understand.

I was raised by two loving parents, Marianne and Ed, with three other siblings. John, Heather and Brian and I grew up in the middle of small town USA. The oppor- tunities for kids were only what one made for themselves in school and in sports. However my mother foresaw an opportunity that she knew would encourage us to learn about life, death and everything in between from love and responsibility to timeliness and eventually the aspects of doing business. My mother grew up living at a hatchery and feed mill and had grandparents with a herd of Shetland ponies. She didn’t play with dolls or other “girly” things. It was plastic horses and miniature farms that occupied her time and creativity. Her best days were when she could go to her grandparents and bring the mares into the barn and pick her favorite

mare “Lady May” to ride around. Although it wasn’t often that she visited her grandparents, they planted a seed in her that would grow and consume all of her childhood thoughts. She dreamt of owning her own horse farm. As soon as the opportunity came for her to have a farm of her own to raise her children, Marianne and Ed made plans for the future business; the plans she began making in her room with her toy horses years before. It wasn’t until 1979 that Marianne with Ed and three children moved from the city and established Little King Farm in Madison, Indiana.

Shortly after the move the couple remodeled the old cattle barn into a horse barn; new fences were put in, and Brian, the fourth child, came into the picture in 1981. About that same time the number of animals on the farm rapidly began to increase. It started with two ponies, a Morgan, a Walking Horse, goats, sheep, chick- ens and one Miniature named Peanut. Back then, there were only 13 registered Miniature horse breeders in the United States. Marianne came across some information on the Komoko Ranch in Florida. She inquired and talked Ed into going to the first Komoko Production Sale. They purchased several mares and stallions from Bob Bridges and brought them home to start a breeding program. They had already purchased some horses from Bob and Dorothy Stout in Rushville, Indiana. Marianne thought she had a plan for her program until one day she met a very special man and an unmistak- able horse.

It was at one of the first IMHR National Shows in Murray, Kentucky when an older man with a great big cheery smile walked in the ring with a stunning two yr old buckskin stal- lion beaming with presence unlike any other horse she had ever seen. This man was Lowell Boone and the horse was Boones Little Buckeroo. It was as if the stars and the moon were all aligned and it was meant to be. Little did she know at that moment, that man and that horse would forever change her life and the life of her family and take them thru a journey of life, love, excite- ment and adventure!

CLICK ARTICLE TO CONTINUE

Latest posts

Back