Boones Little Buckeroo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His background is Shetland if I"m not mistaken, through his grandsire, Gold Melody Boy.

He may be more Shetland than anything else, but that is how I feel about most miniatures, anyway. Most of them just had their Shetland heritage swept under the carpet in the early days of the Miniature breeding.

Liz M.

No i'm ment names... a look up, i guess?

who is his sire & grandsire & dam
wacko.gif
rolleyes.gif
something like that

Buckeroo's sire was Poplar Lanes Samson, his sire and dam show as unknown in the studbook. Dam is Johnstons Vanilla by Gold Melody Boy.

Jan

His sire is Poplar Lanes Samson

Dam is Johnstons Vanilla

Samson's sire and dam are listed unknown

Vanilla's sire is Gold Melody Boy and her dam is Vanilla 3rd.

Hope this helps.

Buckeroo is three times listed in my stallion's pedigree close up, so these are what I have for my research on his background. I have photos around here, somewhere, of a couple of these, but likely someone else has them online.

Liz M>

BOONES LITTLE BUCKEROO

Pedigree report

08/12/2005

****1***2***3***4***5***6***7***8***9****************************************

| | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| POPLAR LANES SAMSON - I 00334

| |[00/00/1970 : S : SSR : - : DC : 31.000]

| | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

BOONES LITTLE BUCKEROO - A 03047

|[05/22/1978 : S : SBS : BD : - : 30.500]

| | | LIGHTNING BUG - UNREG.

| | GOLD MELODY BOY - I 01031B

| | |[06/10/1962 : S : SPA : - : DC : 33.000]

| | | GINNS MELODY - UNREG.

| JOHNSTONS VANILLA - R 01827P

| |[06/23/1975 : M : SPA : - : - : 34.000]

| | | MERRYS GOLDEN MOHAWK - UNREG.

| | VANILLA 3RD - I 00093B

| | |[04/20/1971 : M : SPA : - : - : 33.500]

| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

****1***2***3***4***5***6***7***8***9****************************************

Total AMHA Registered Horses: 5

Highest Generation Level (Registered Horses): 2

Key: [Foal Date : Sex : Color : Blood Type : Status : Height]

interesting on your take on the shetland pedigree. Of course the American Shetland is a beautiful animal in it's own right. Have you seen a UK shetland? Most of our breeding stems from them. The 'book' is now closed, so we are hoping for some great selective breeding. It is interesting to note, uk breeders are only importing a lot of original uk bred horses back again, but adding on a few 00's on to the price tag---
aktion033.gif

American buyers (i've heard) where common place at the twice yearly shetland sales. Then papers where disposed of. You gotta start somewhere.

Here's some more info about Boones Little Buckeroo that you might want to know.

He has a very impressive show record: 1981 IMHR National Grand Champion Senior Stallion, 1982 AMHA National Grand Champion Senior Stallion, 1984 AMHA National Grand Champion Senior Stallion, AMHA National Champion Solid-color Stallion in 1981, 1982, and 1983, 1992 AMHA National Grand Champion Get of Sire, 1993 AMHA National Grand Champion Get of Sire, 1994 AMHA National Grand Champion Get of Sire. Buckeroo is the only stallion to have won the Grand Champion Get of Sire title three times consecutively.

Pat Elder

Rosa Roca Miniature Horses

author of "Outstanding Miniature Horse Stallions; Past and Present, Volume 1"

Back