Boone's Little Buckeroo Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots!

I honestly don't know. The information might be on the Little King website. [someone with stud book access could probably look up AMHA numbers, guessing those would be closest to total foals (I don't know if all were double registered or not).]

According to the AMHA studbook - 400 foals.
Probably from what 2 or 3 years old til about 25 years (I know he lived to around 30, but don't know if he had foals the last couple years)? That's only an average of 20 foals a year give or take a few. Probably a lot more in a year when minis were good prices and not as many available, as there are now.

Rocklone, you don't have to pay for the progeny list, that is what the link is and I accessed it with no problem.

I have used it to track down a lot of my big horses and thoroughbred race horses progeny now that we have sold them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I clicked on his name in the pedigree and it went to his pedigree. Then I clicked above on Progency under reports. But it only lists 25 of his offspring - mostly colts/stallions. At least I couldn't get it to scroll down like it may have had more...

Also, understand that this website is accessed by anyone who wants to add their horse's pedigrees to it. Many aren't complete and can also be wrong. If an owner hasn't listed their foal, by him, it wouldn't be there either...

I found the a partial pedigree for one of my ponies the other night - but on the bottom dam lines it goes to Paint & QH lines. Someone was obviously cutting and pasting and did the wrong pedigree in the wrong area... Made me sad as I was soooo excited to find it.

that is so weird....well I attached a word document because there is a lot lol It does look like more than 25 unless my eyes need checking :p

BoonesFoals.doc

Attachments

• BoonesFoals.doc
    941.5 KB · Views: 125
That is definitely more than 25!! How did you get that and now I want to know how you did it! That is not what I got at all...

As Jean said, there are 400 foals registered by him in AMHA, and he was never registered in AMHR.

He died on May 10, 2011, and there are 3 foals of his born and registered in 2011 -- 2 are showing DNA Parent Qualified. There are no other foals registered past the 2011 year in AMHA.

Actually, he WAS registered with AMHR but not until 2000, about the time they raised the price of bringing AMHA only horses into AMHR from $50 to a much higher amount.

When I checked the stud book on AMHR, he wasn't showing with any registry number for himself, but some of his offspring were showing with his name and AMHA Reference in their pedigrees -- but no AMHR number for him. Strange...

buckeroo.jpg

Those offspring registered prior to 2000 will show just his name and no AMHR # (except for Little Kings Buck On Broadway - because the owners asked that it be changed). Those registered after 2000 SHOULD have the AMHR #.

Wonderful. Thanks Jean. I didn't put in the apostrophe in his name, I guess, so he didn't come up. Nice to know!!

Latest posts

Back