Boomer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdfarm

Reaction score
Trying to figure out his color. I'm not very good at it. His Dad is a Palomino and Mom is solid black.

Im002127.jpg

Im002126.jpg

Im002115.jpg

Whatever color he is, he's a little doll!

I'd wait a few weeks to figure out the color. He may be a smokey black pinto, but who knows?

I think he is a smokey blck pinto too.. He gets the dilute gene from his sire, and his mom is black.. It kind of all fits into place! He is adorable by the way!
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

He is clearly a black pinto. No doubt about that as that is the typical mousy black color of a new born foal. But, he could have inherited the cream gene as he has a 50% chance of that happening. If he did, then he would be a smokey black pinto. The only way to know for sure is to get him tested, or to wait until he sires a foal that is a dilute out of a non-dilute mare, or he sires a double dilute.

Anyway, he is a pretty black pinto!
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What a cutie!!! I love the fact that his feet are opposites-- b-w-b-w Cool

And that little moon on his side! Too cute!!!

I say black pinto. (yeah, right, like I know anything about colors! LOL)

Black- may or may not have Cream- it is not showing if he has!! Black foals are usually born that colour.

He is black, he doesn't really look like a smoky black foal. They usually have a tan underlying hue, his looks silver - very common for a black foal.

Latest posts

Back