Books

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAPfrosty

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good books on minis, mini training, ect?

I have "Miniature Horses A vet guide for owners and breeders" Thats a pretty good book, dont know of many mini books.

I highly recommend "Miniature Horse, Their Care, Breeding and Colors" by

Barbara Naviaux by Raintree Publishers.

[email protected]

707-964-4380

Joyce
yes.gif

The book Joyce mentioned is like the "Bible" for miniature horses!!!

RAPfrosty said:
Does anyone know of any good books on minis, mini training, ect?
378684[/snapback]

My book, The Book of Miniature Horses, was released this month by The Lyons Press. It has training tips, many from folks I met right here! It can be ordered from amazon or the publisher, and your local bookstore can get it.

Donna Campbell Smith

I have both the Miniature Horse, Their Care, Breeding and Colors and Miniature Horses: A Vet Guide for Owners and Breeders books and they are both very good. I like the first one best. The second one seemed to not agree with my disposition so much because I used it to look up possible illnesses to worry about!

I also got one way back when I was getting my first mini by Jill Swedell (? something like that) and it's okay but very basic.

ALSO, for a book that is just about stories and poems about minis, I really like For Love of the Miniature Horse, editted by Kathy Atchley. You can purchase this from mini express. It has stories, essays, and poems with pictures to go with each. My own little guy, Derby, is in this book!

leseratte.gif

donnalee said:
My book, The Book of Miniature Horses, was released this month by The Lyons Press. It has training tips, many from folks I met right here! It can be ordered from amazon or the publisher, and your local bookstore can get it.
Donna Campbell Smith

445620[/snapback]

Donna,

I just now ordered yours, and another copy of the Vet Guide book since I loaned mine to a friend many long moons ago and haven't seen it since! I'm looking forward to reading your book!!!

Jill

Thank you! Hope you enjoy it. I'll be happy t osend you a signed bookplate if you'll email me with the address. That goes for anyone else who wants one
smile.gif

Anyone interested in Mini books should check out SmallHorse Press. They have books on general care of Miniature Horses, books on training, showing, foaling, and first aid. They also have some great videos on trimming your Minis feet, grooming, training, etc.

Here's the website: www.smallhorse.com

I highly recommend them!

Latest posts

Back