Book readers!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyB

overo
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Has anyone here read this book and what did you think? Sorry if this topic has already been brought up, but I didn't find where it had been.

Thanks,

Jenny

I read it and loved it ! It really really makes you think.Will outrage some but I found it was one of those books that make you go hmmm.

Bonnie

I read it and loved it ! It really really makes you think.Will outrage some but I found it was one of those books that make you go hmmm.Bonnie
[SIZE=12pt]I did to Bonnie, but it sure has some Christians up in arms, which I am one, but they need to really understand why God is called Papa. I know it is fictional but it really made me feel along with the Bible that Jesus is always there with me/us every step of our way. I think it is very inspiring if you can get past the book fact the God(papa) is a large african American Woman. It sure did fill a void in me that had been there so many years and makes my hurt feelings for my loved ones A LOT less hurting. Seems it has freed me from my constant HURT...that makes it a GREAT book in my eyes. Thanks Bonnie for responding. [/SIZE]

I would sure like to hear what others think, whether positive or negative.

Thanks, Jenny

I read it and loved it ! It really really makes you think.Will outrage some but I found it was one of those books that make you go hmmm.Bonnie
[SIZE=12pt]I did to Bonnie, but it sure has some Christians up in arms, which I am one, but they need to really understand why God is called Papa. I know it is fictional but it really made me feel along with the Bible that Jesus is always there with me/us every step of our way. I think it is very inspiring if you can get past the book fact the God(papa) is a large african American Woman. It sure did fill a void in me that had been there so many years and makes my hurt feelings for my loved ones A LOT less hurting. Seems it has freed me from my constant HURT...that makes it a GREAT book in my eyes. Thanks Bonnie for responding. [/SIZE]

I would sure like to hear what others think, whether positive or negative.

Thanks, Jenny

God is not a large, African American woman. God chose to reveal him/herself in that way to free up some of his pre-conceived notions about what God is. As he/she says, God is neither male nor female; there is no need for sex on a spiritual plane of existence. It was really interesting, because that's what I've always believed
default_wink.png

Read it! Loved it! Still sticks with me in everyday life. Some of it was so very hard to read and I sure cried a lot but some of those tears were just good ones. Made me thinks about things and possibilites. Good stuff there!

When I first read the back of the book in the check out line while getting groceries, I put it back because I can't read about bad things happening to kids, but a friend gave it to me for Christmas and said it's a must read. So, I swallowed hard and dove in. I LOVED it. I cried a LOT through the rough parts. But--what an awesome story.

I have many parts highlighted and many pages turned at the corners to reread.
default_yes.gif

And is it fiction?
default_wink.png

When I first read the back of the book in the check out line while getting groceries, I put it back because I can't read about bad things happening to kids, but a friend gave it to me for Christmas and said it's a must read. So, I swallowed hard and dove in. I LOVED it. I cried a LOT through the rough parts. But--what an awesome story.I have many parts highlighted and many pages turned at the corners to reread.
default_yes.gif

And is it fiction?
default_wink.png

[SIZE=12pt]Yes it "IS" a fictional book![/SIZE]

Yes it is fiction! However, the places described are very real and very accurate.

And yes, it will raise an eyebrow and make one swallow hard.......but it IS A MUST READ.

There are some tearful parts, but the message is important and good.

I could NOT put this book down once I started it! An EXCELLENT read and thought provoking as well.

I was in Ohio at Mike McCabe's when I started it and got an EM from my minister telling me they were doing a "lecture"/"discussion" group that Friday if I wanted to come............

I was 18 hours away! but would have had I been home!

dru

I havent read about it but always watch Kelly Clarkson videos and read her blog and she loved the shack!

The author is William Paul Young. He is from the area here, and recently did a weekend appearance at our church where he talked about his life (an amazing, down to earth man with a fascinating story of things he survived growing up) and the events that led up to him wanting to write the book. The plan was only to write the story to share with his children, but that got away from him!

Back