Book called All gods creatures by carolyn McSparren

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthorsemom

Reaction score
Just finished reading..borrowed for free from amazon for my kindle. Good book about a woman veterinarian. Very good stories. Laughed and really enjoyed. Animal lover's and horse folks will love this one. Kind of James herriot style stories. Highly recommend this book.. all gods creatures.. loved it.

I already have her next book on my list to borrow next month. There was an excerpt at the end of this book for one called "the cart before the corpse". Murder mystery..horsey setting starts with a runaway driving horse at a driving event. You can tell from the details of her writing she is getting input from real horse folks which makes her books more appealing because of the way everything is describe in her book. More appealing to horse folks that know one end of the horse from the other. You feel like you are hearing a real action event rather than reading a fiction story. Enjoy.

Wiping out a double post..sorry kindle typing lol

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks so much for the referral, downloaded this book and can't put it down. Love it! I worked my whole life for veterinarians and it is so true and correct from whacky clients to diagnosis. When I visited England many years ago I got to meet James Herriot and had him sign a book. It was a highlight of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really disappointed in this book...I'm not sure how you can make such an interesting topic boring, but she did. I guess I was expecting more of a James Herriot type book, and this was nothing of the sort. Fortunately, it only took about an hour to read, so no big waste of time.

I did enjoy her first carriage driving mystery, although there were some big factual errors...still, it was nice to see competitive carriage driving included in fiction. I've read the sample for her second in the series, and I did find the water hazard incident a bit hair-raising.

Latest posts

Back